CanJam@RMAF '12 - Denver CO 10/12-14
Aug 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Asr

Headphoneus Supremus
Just thought I'd get the word out on this year's installment of CanJam@RMAF, since there hasn't already been an announcement on it yet.

Vendors currently on the exhibitor list include:
  1. Audeze
  2. Cavalli Audio
  3. CEntrance
  4. Head-Direct
  5. HeadAmp
  6. HeadRoom
  7. HiFiMan
  8. JH Audio
  9. Moon Audio (not on the list actually, but Drew has a line on his Web site about it)
  10. Red Wine Audio
  11. Sennheiser
  12. V-Moda
  13. Westone
  14. Woo Audio

I'd imagine more vendors will be there, as there were several others at last year's - ALO, Bottlehead, Beyerdynamic, Eddie Current, Fostex, Ray Samuels Audio, Schiit, TTVJ, and Ultimate Ears, among others. I'd guess they'll be there as well.

And on the speakers front, I noticed that Monitor Audio will officially be at RMAF for the first time! If I'm in town for RMAF (not sure I will be), I'm probably going to be stopping by the show for at least them if nothing else.
smile.gif

For the CanJam@RMAF newbies, here are a couple of relevant links:

- Announcement thread for CJ@RMAF '11: http://www.head-fi.org/t/556674/start-making-your-plans-for-2011-canjam-rmaf-rocky-mountain-audio-fest
- CJ@RMAF'11 impressions thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/575847/canjam-rmaf-2011-listening-impressions-thread

Alternate nearby hotels:

Hyatt Regency DTC, Hampton Inn DTC, Hyatt Place DTC, & Doubletree DTC. (DTC is short for Denver Tech Center.)

Also note that the RMAF Marriott has up to quad room rates, which means 4 people per room! Get your bunk on with up to 3 other Head-Fiers?
wink.gif

Public transportation info from DIA (the airport) to the RMAF Marriott: http://www.head-fi.org/t/556674/start-making-your-plans-for-2011-canjam-rmaf-rocky-mountain-audio-fest/165#post_7785070

Why You Should Attend:

I'm not kidding when I say that pretty much everything headphone-related will be under one roof at this show. Anyone who's even a little bit into headphones (or speakers for that matter) will find the show to be more than worth your time & money. Last year the huge Head-Fi room was literally filled wall-to-wall with vendors showing off more headphone gear than you can shake a stick at!

For those who've been to a meet and might be thinking "I'll just wait for the next local meet," CanJam@RMAF is more than just a mere meet - it's a straight-up vendor-loaded expo where everyone is hawking their wares, candy-store style! Meets have their place, but CanJam@RMAF is where the headphone world gets together to show off the latest stuff, and maybe even release new stuff at the show!

Lastly, CanJam@RMAF isn't a meet either. It's 100% vendors from the close-knit Head-Fi community. Don't bother bringing your gear, well unless you want to hear how your own headphones sound on a vendor's amp. Do bring your own music (CDs, USB devices, DAPs), and don't forget to have fun.

I've attended every CJ@RMAF installment so far and they were all a great time, and I can't recommend attending enough. Anyone who hasn't been to one yet owes it to himself to be there!

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 12
In addition to the giant CanJam@RMAF room, going to the show also gives you the wonderful opportunity to roam around the RMAF speaker rooms.  It's one of the biggest shows for the speaker crowd too, so you can expect to see a lot of high-end two channel setups present, if you're interested in that sort of thing.  Best of both worlds, and definitely worth the time and money.

Thanks Asr.

Sep 4, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #4 of 12
I got my reservations for the show and a hotel next door.  I'm really looking forward to another RMAF and CanJam.  Also, just bumping the thread to ask:

Who else is coming this year?

Cheers,

Harley.

Sep 4, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #5 of 12
Are there any mini meets planned before or after yet?

Sep 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
Are there any mini meets planned before or after yet?

I'm not quite sure what "before" or "after" would entail, since this is a 3-day show. Most of us show up sometime after the beginning of the show Friday and leave around the end on Sunday.

Sep 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
I'm not quite sure what "before" or "after" would entail, since this is a 3-day show. Most of us show up sometime after the beginning of the show Friday and leave around the end on Sunday.

While true for many, there are locals who can afford staying longer. Last year there was a mini meet before. Since venders are the primary bringers of gear
it's always nice to get a bunch of rigs together for quality listening time.

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #8 of 12
I'll most likely be attending too Harley. This might end up being my last one though, as I might be moving to another state next year. Most of the reason I attend RMAF is because it's local - I highly doubt I'd travel to it if I lived in another state.

Quote:
While true for many, there are locals who can afford staying longer. Last year there was a mini meet before. Since venders are the primary bringers of gear
it's always nice to get a bunch of rigs together for quality listening time.

Are you thinking of an event in a different area? Last year there were no mini-meets in Colorado either before or after RMAF. I also have absolutely no idea why/how there'd be "locals" who'd stay longer - RMAF runs through mid-Friday until Sunday afternoon. There's no show either before or after.

Also, while the first 2 years of CanJam@RMAF featured some member rigs, that aspect was almost nonexistent last year and I really don't think that subtracted from the event in any way. I personally don't see a need for there to be any member rigs at CJ@RMAF - the show is already awesome at being a commercial expo. It's impossible to turn it into a traditional Head-Fi meet, especially considering there aren't anywhere near enough active Head-Fi members in Colorado to help fill table space.

Btw, if a moderator sees this thread, I wouldn't mind it being closed since Jude made the official announcement thread.

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Are you thinking of an event in a different area? Last year there were no mini-meets in Colorado either before or after RMAF. I also have absolutely no idea why/how there'd be "locals" who'd stay longer - RMAF runs through mid-Friday until Sunday afternoon. There's no show either before or after.

Also, while the first 2 years of CanJam@RMAF featured some member rigs, that aspect was almost nonexistent last year and I really don't think that subtracted from the event in any way. I personally don't see a need for there to be any member rigs at CJ@RMAF - the show is already awesome at being a commercial expo. It's impossible to turn it into a traditional Head-Fi meet, especially considering there aren't anywhere near enough active Head-Fi members in Colorado to help fill table space.

Btw, if a moderator sees this thread, I wouldn't mind it being closed since Jude made the official announcement thread.

I was more speaking about getting a few rigs in a hotel room, which there have been at RMAF. For instance, I was asking
because it hasn't been confirmed if EC will be exhibiting or not. If not, It'd be awesome to be able to drop by someone's hotel for a listen.

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:
Will there be a CanJam @ RMAF in 2013?

Does the Marriott sell out or should I book a room as soon as possible?

Yes, there will be a 2013 CanJam@RMAF. Although I'm not affiliated with the event, it will happen again this year, probably every year. I heard it straight from a reliable source who's responsible for the event.

The venue Marriott always sells out about 3-4 months in advance, so you should book sooner than that if you want a room there. There are 2 other hotels within walking distance, the Hilton Garden Inn DTC and Hyatt Regency DTC (DTC = Denver Tech Center). The Hilton Garden Inn always sells out too (~2-3 months in advance). There's a good chance that the Hyatt Regency will also sell out. If you want to be able to book a room at the hotel of your preference, I suggest booking at least 4 months in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back