CanJam NYC 2017 Impressions Thread!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #106 of 323
Thanks to everyone who came out and made CanJam NYC as impressive as I expected. Lots of great fun happned at the HeadAmp booth, and we were glad to spoil the crowd with some of the finest headphone options on the market. Lookong forward to Singapore, and yes, to the person who asked earlier, we will have the Stax 007 there.

The Utopia on you're amp was AMAZING !!!!. I have no idea which one it was, It was the awesome one. 

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #107 of 323
Was fun meeting a lot of you guys at CanJam.  These shows/meets are such a great interruption to production it gives me so much energy and excitement to make more headphones.  Thanks head-fi and everyone involved for making this thing happen. 
smily_headphones1.gif

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Feb 6, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #108 of 323
I think I'd be buying one of these (with the Mojo audio Mystique, which I think Dan of Mr Speakers fame was using, along with the Cavalli Liquid Gold and another tubed Cavalli, making beautiful music with his Aeon, hard to separate out what was causing what, but it really sounded nice). Love the new cans from Zach/ZMF, and, of course, I'm Mr. ZOTL, so you know I like that stuff...

If only I didn't sell my soul to LH Labs...

Doc - That tube amp was the Cavalli Liquid Tungsten that you heard at Dan's table. Should be released (hopefully) later this year. It's good stuff. Cheers

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #109 of 323
I think I'd be buying one of these (with the Mojo audio Mystique, which I think Dan of Mr Speakers fame was using, along with the Cavalli Liquid Gold and another tubed Cavalli, making beautiful music with his Aeon, hard to separate out what was causing what, but it really sounded nice). Love the new cans from Zach/ZMF, and, of course, I'm Mr. ZOTL, so you know I like that stuff...

If only I didn't sell my soul to LH Labs...

Doc - That tube amp was the Cavalli Liquid Tungsten that you heard at Dan's table. Should be released (hopefully) later this year. It's good stuff. Cheers

Yup! hard to get to everything, but the Campfire gear was also EXCELLENT sounding!

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #110 of 323
Yup! hard to get to everything, but the Campfire gear was also EXCELLENT sounding!

Thanks! It was fun lending a helping hand to Ken and JD on Saturday. They've got great stuff at ALO/CFA. Cheers

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #111 of 323
  100% agree. Their team was one of the most friendly and helpful teams there. 

Yes, i agree their team was mostly friendly out there. Actually when i entred the room I was little overwhelmed, was not sure where to start. I was roaming around for first 10 mins and they were first to notice me being lost and asked me to try out the IEMs and that get me going.

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #112 of 323
  For some reason i liked the Utopia pairing with the Headamp pairing. And the Queststyle amp more. The headamp pairing made me smile. I was like... Wow this is awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed my time like never before with music. This was my cherry popping exhibit experience. 

I too tried Utopia with Headamp but there were so many people waiting behind me to try it out at that booth and so much noise that i really couldn't enjoy it that well. Also i guess they had Stax there so may people were standing there for it.

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #113 of 323
  I too tried Utopia with Headamp but there were so many people waiting behind me to try it out at that booth and so much noise that i really couldn't enjoy it that well. Also i guess they had Stax there so may people were standing there for it.

I didn't care nor heard any noise with the volume i was listening at. It's the first time i silently said to myself ( these things are awesome) and can't wait to buy them. 

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #115 of 323

Thanks for your feedback. We did have the SR-007 out the entire time. This particular one has had the drivers replaced with the latest ones. So, they will sound similar to the latest SR-007 model. If you can come back tomorrow we will still have them!

Sorry Justin, I meant to the L700. As with the recent NYC audioshow your Stax equipment sounded great but I think I was able to hear better at the last show due to the lower noise. Your Stax equipment alone deserved it own room. Thanks for being there.

I actually think I saw a Stax Lxxx in a separate room off to the side that had some crazy attachment on the top. It was on someone's head while they were sitting in what must have been an elaborate surround sound speaker demo. I didn't bother to inquire given the circumstances.

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #118 of 323
Yup most likely, I think I only stepped away for a few times at most for bathroom breaks. But yeah that is me in the picture. Glad you enjoyed listening!

Yes than it was you. I was the big guy with the short hair cut. We we're talking about a bunch of random stuff. I was telling you that the Utopia blew the LCD-4 for me. And the amp you hooked them up with had a hard time pushing them. 

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #120 of 323
What pics? Are they posted elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back