CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #211 of 1,071

I live in NJ, but my work territory includes the metro NY area.  I frequently have the joy of driving in and out of the city during peak commute times. 
confused_face.gif

Restaurants, clubs, etc. will be busier on Friday, so if there are particular places you want to go that require reservations or may involve a wait, Monday might be better. If you are a football fan, the Superbowl may factor into your decision too.

There was already a Superbowl watch party mentioned, not sure where it stands though.

Nov 12, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #216 of 1,071

There was already a Superbowl watch party mentioned, not sure where it stands though.

Yes, there will be a Superbowl watch party. One option that is being explored is Bowlmor in Times Square (literally across the street from the CanJam hotel) https://www.bowlmor.com/location/bowlmor-times-square, they have some very cool private spaces with bowling lanes, bars, etc. Another option is doing it in a dedicated bar space but the bowling could be really fun.

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #217 of 1,071
To those that live in or around NYC, would it be best to take off work on the Friday before CanJam or the Monday after CanJam to see some sights/eat some scrumptious food? I only want to take off one day in NYC especially if I'm able to go to Singapore next year, which I would definitely have to take a few days off for that trip.

Thanks in advance!

I would venture to say Monday after CanJam since your mind wouldn't be so focused on audio stuff, as opposed to the day right before it (Friday). Just unwind and enjoy the sights of NYC. : p

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #218 of 1,071
I would venture to say Monday after CanJam since your mind wouldn't be so focused on audio stuff, as opposed to the day right before it (Friday). Just unwind and enjoy the sights of NYC. : p

Right?  My mind is fortunately or unfortunately made up already, but wanted to find out from those that live in or around NYC what they thought, then I could possibly change plans if responses swayed a certain way.

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #219 of 1,071
I never put the words "fun" and "bowling" together, but pizza, beer, and Super Bowl sound like a fine combo. Though Saturday night just work better, not sure at this point. An old Brooklyn boy, now in Central Jersey, looking forward to this!

Nov 12, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #220 of 1,071
I never put the words "fun" and "bowling" together, but pizza, beer, and Super Bowl sound like a fine combo. Though Saturday night just work better, not sure at this point. An old Brooklyn boy, now in Central Jersey, looking forward to this!

Bowling is AWESOME, ban him Ethan.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 12, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #221 of 1,071
Different strokes... :)

Nov 12, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #222 of 1,071

Bowling is AWESOME, ban him Ethan.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yeah, the advantage to a place like Bowlmor is that we can have those interested in bowling do that, while there is still plenty of open bar spaces, screens, etc. for those who want to focus more on the game itself, so sort of the best of both worlds. Of course, for those that would be bowling all of the screens in the venue both small and large (at the end of the lanes) will be showing the Superbowl.  

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #225 of 1,071
If I go, I'll watch... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back