can the b22 w/ s22 be had for under a grand? or just go with the cheaper m3
Apr 26, 2009 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

lutwey

1000+ Head-Fier
first of all i have no electronic skill what so ever so i must look for someone willing to build it for me.and b22(w/s22). unfortunately there are no solid info about them since they are not sold like any other premade amp. i already emailed misterx and ybm audio. unfortunately there are multiple version. i dont want any balanced amp or anything like that i just want something that can drive my hd580(650 in the future) and a 600 ohm beyer with ease and then some. i tried do some research but its complicated as i am new with these diy stuff. can you guys give me some info regarding the price and performance. the only review i ve read thus far is the one made by sky lab about the b22.
btw there is one guy at the fs forum selling b22(90%) and s11(completed) component for around 450 usd. am not looking for a fancy case just a regular aluminum with decent vents. i also saw oneplustwo's m3 with sigma 11 it looks interesting but the m3 cut outs aint really my style. iwant some thing simple.
thanks in advance

May 19, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #6 of 20
i see. can you give the cost ratio of labor/parts for the b22 and s11 combo. is it 50/50 when it comes to that aspect. thanks btw im assuming u have a b22/s11 how much did you pay for them and what cans really shine with them.

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #7 of 20
No, I don't have one, but I was looking for one for a while. Not anymore, though... The ratio for parts/labor is entirely dependent on the builder, but I believe the majority charge less than a 1:1 ratio. The cheapest used ones are a bit less than $1k and are often questionable quality. =/

The cheapest I've seen from a reputable builder was this one http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/fs...a-22-a-366395/

May 19, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow......that one looks good. no s11 power supply though. but that on really fits my minimalist style. too bad it was from a year ago.

AFAIK, the beta22 needs a dual voltage rail PSU so cannot be used with the sigma11.

May 19, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
really? i saw alot people selling a b22/s11 combo?

you must be referring to the sigma22 then...

May 19, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by atothex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cheapest I've seen from a reputable builder was this one http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/fs...a-22-a-366395/

That builder is pretty flakey and in truth doesn't build amps for sale.
wink.gif

The beta in that add was my personal amp, which I sold to tyrion, who then (of course) sold it. Given the time and effort that goes into building one of these there's no way I'd ever do it for less than $1000 even if the Head-Fi rules permitted it. As it is I can think of lots more fun things I can do with the 40+ hours it takes to do it right.

May 19, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Given the time and effort that goes into building one of these there's no way I'd ever do it for less than $1000 even if the Head-Fi rules permitted it. As it is I can think of lots more fun things I can do with the 40+ hours it takes to do it right.

A bargain at twice the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back