Can someoen donate Shure E2c sleeves?
Nov 7, 2007 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

ls20

1000+ Head-Fier
hi,

some gnomes have seemed to be able to find and hide all of my e2 sleeves.
i bought some Small foams in person, but id much prefer Mediums or Large

if someone could spare a pair of M/L foam, and/or small black Silicone/rubber, that would be very nice

thanks!

Nov 7, 2007 at 12:34 PM Post #2 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ls20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi,

some gnomes have seemed to be able to find and hide all of my e2 sleeves.
i bought some Small foams in person, but id much prefer Mediums or Large

if someone could spare a pair of M/L foam, and/or small black Silicone/rubber, that would be very nice

thanks!

Gotta give you credit for trying, but is this really a members' lounge topic? Give me something I can't/don't want to buy? Granted, your request is small, but I just wouldn't want it setting a precedent, turning this forum into a "If you're not using your ics" or "I just need a small amp" type place. Perhaps, I'm over reacting, but there's something about it that's unsettling.

Nov 8, 2007 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 24
I'd say go for iDealSound at eBay, that's where I get my sleeves. Cheap and free worldwide shipping.

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gotta give you credit for trying, but is this really a members' lounge topic? Give me something I can't/don't want to buy? Granted, your request is small, but I just wouldn't want it setting a precedent, turning this forum into a "If you're not using your ics" or "I just need a small amp" type place. Perhaps, I'm over reacting, but there's something about it that's unsettling.

Hi, how do you do. Thanks for being a jerk! Your offensive reaction is much more unsettling than my asking for something trivial in the spirit of the community.

Anyway, good news: I found my stash of tips!
Bad news: Doggies ate up my Shures
frown.gif

Ive replaced my Shures with ER-6is, so now ive got 14 pairs of foams, 4 pairs of rubbers, and 2 pairs of silicone tips unused

If anybody want them just drop an address
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #5 of 24
No, your wrong. Boomana is not being a jerk at all. You dont ASK in the spirit of the community. You GIVE in the spirit of the community. You were trying to get something for free by begging. Frankly, my eyebrow was raised and it pulled one side of my lip with it.

Tips might be the sort of thing that you can get for free from various sources in various ways. But starting a thread with that purpose is not an acceptable way of going about it imo.

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You dont ASK in the spirit of the community. You GIVE in the spirit of the community.

Yet again I am thoroughly impressed with Duggeh's succinct eloquence. Beautifully put.

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

4 pairs of rubbers

Heh, I'll take the rubbers
wink.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Hi, how do you do. Thanks for being a jerk! Your offensive reaction is much more unsettling than my asking for something trivial in the spirit of the community.

I have to agree with boomana and Duggeh. +1 to lameness.

Mar 25, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #10 of 24
begging, in my opinion, would be presenting a sob story to solicit for a pair of headphones

in a community where some of us seemingly share a high enthusiasm about our hobby, itd seem apropos to throw a request out there for such an insigificant item (should someone happen to have spares sitting around)

the request is not about saving 5$ (to whom here would that matter?), but more about "connecting" with others with similar interests.

how many people sell/swap/trade computer/bike/car/etc parts with others in those respective communities, even though its much quicker and profitable on ebay? i do. ive also given lots of items away. this is not to say i expect some karmic retribution, but that i surely did not expect such an insignificant request to cause such a contemptuous breach of conduct
rolleyes.gif

jjhatfield i will send you the rubber/foam sleeves if you truly want them, but the silicones are spoken for

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, your wrong. Boomana is not being a jerk at all. You dont ASK in the spirit of the community. You GIVE in the spirit of the community. You were trying to get something for free by begging. Frankly, my eyebrow was raised and it pulled one side of my lip with it.

Tips might be the sort of thing that you can get for free from various sources in various ways. But starting a thread with that purpose is not an acceptable way of going about it imo.

indeed.

this kind of thread makes me think.. ehh, what the..
but not as bad as What is this!!

Mar 25, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

begging, in my opinion, would be presenting a sob story to solicit for a pair of headphones

in a community where some of us seemingly share a high enthusiasm about our hobby, itd seem apropos to throw a request out there for such an insigificant item (should someone happen to have spares sitting around)

the request is not about saving 5$ (to whom here would that matter?), but more about "connecting" with others with similar interests.

how many people sell/swap/trade computer/bike/car/etc parts with others in those respective communities, even though its much quicker and profitable on ebay? i do. ive also given lots of items away. this is not to say i expect some karmic retribution, but that i surely did not expect such an insignificant request to cause such a contemptuous breach of conduct
rolleyes.gif

jjhatfield i will send you the rubber/foam sleeves if you truly want them, but the silicones are spoken for

I'm kind of halfed on who to side with, but in a way he^ is right. You guys wouldn't complain if he was giving something away. It's almost like saying "my house burnt down, does anybody have a spare blanket that I can have while I don't have a home to keep me warm" and you retort with a comment of "why would you ask such a stupid question and beg for this?". It's nowhere near the severity of a house burning down, but you get what I mean.

Mar 25, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone want to give me ten feet of mogami quad cable? I also need $5 for lunch. Thanks

Why are you stirring it? It's hardly the same thing as asking for a spare pair of unwanted tips is it???

And unless the OP was asking for free postage, what's the big deal? I've offered to send unwanted tips to other members, and I've paid the postage myself. It costs so little to send via regular mail that I don't see the point in having someone Paypal me the price of a stamp. I've also had other members send me free tips, which is nice, and makes me feel like we're a big recycle bin where anything unwanted/unused can go to a good cause.

Is the actual argument about whether the OP should have started the thread in another forum? If so, then I've misunderstood, but if it's just about having a go at someone who asked (politely), if someone could donate some unwanted tips, then I really don't see what the fuss is about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back