Can Quad Capture drive 250 ohms or not?
Feb 28, 2018 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

zemzemkoko

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I've been doing research at forums for so long now yet I don't get any clear answer.

My question is simple, can roland ua-55 (quad capture) drive beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 Ohm headphones in a manner that I will be ok, this is nice for mixing. Interface has 47 ohms output impedance.

I don't want extereme quality output to its full potential, I just wanna be happy with my purchase and safely mix some tracks.

Mar 1, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 6
To me a headphone jack with a 47-Ohm output impedance is not a big deal, when using 250-Ohm headphones.

I'm sure headphones that are in the 32-Ohm to 60-Ohm range are used, plugged into the Roland UA-55,
worse that might happen is a slightly bloated (louder, less detailed) bass.

I plug my 250-Ohm Beyer headphones into my A/V receivers headphone jack and they do fine and there is a good chance the receivers headphone jack is not any lower then 47-Ohms (chances are it's higher).

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #4 of 6
Hey Purple,

I didn't quite understand this. Are you saying 32-60 ohm range headphones would sound bad or 250 ohm ones?
The 32-Ohm to 60-Ohm headphones might get a slightly bloated bass, not the 250-Ohm headphones.

A lot of headphones in the world are in the 32-Ohm to 60-Ohm range.

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #5 of 6
Indeed, you are right i guess. I have a pair of sennheiser hd202 and the bass response of them were terrible, muddy. Maybe my ai adds to that as well.

I suppose I will be safer with my new 250 ohm babies.

Anyways, I ordered them already and hopefully they will arrive tomorrow, I'll post about it. See you then!

Mar 5, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #6 of 6
So I have my babies today, and for anyone having the hesitation out there. WHY ARE YOU STILL WAITING?!

My ears were virgin all the time, they finally meet the sound they deserved. Oh god, what is this detail, what is this sorcery, I can't remove the smile off my face.

Ua-55 can drive them perfectly fine, just not as loud as you think but, trust me, this is more than enough, otherwise you will hurt your lovely ears because this is so good! Pristine quality man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back