Can anyone tell us about the new SMSL M6?
Oct 4, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #32 of 52
I have been using these for a couple of months now and as others have said it can drive the cans (hd580) well beyond pleasurable. I usually listen to them in the low twenties.

The are also dead quiet and I can hear no background noise at all. I have increased the volume to max with computer connected and disconnected.

I only wish they had used a separate volume button as I sometimes have to press twice. I guess they made it a little less sensitive due not having it switch off by accident when switching input.

Quality wise I will let others speak as I'm by no means a hifi-er

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #33 of 52
I have been using these for a couple of months now and as others have said it can drive the cans (hd580) well beyond pleasurable. I usually listen to them in the low twenties.

The are also dead quiet and I can hear no background noise at all. I have increased the volume to max with computer connected and disconnected.

I only wish they had used a separate volume button as I sometimes have to press twice. I guess they made it a little less sensitive due not having it switch off by accident when switching input.

Quality wise I will let others speak as I'm by no means a hifi-er

Thank u this helps.

Oct 10, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #40 of 52
 It also aplies some pre-amplification to sent the signal to the receiver. Everything from the DAC and beyong is subject to distortions. 
 I once bought a prodigy HD2, and it did make a huge difference, instead of my sounblaster (i dont remember the model). It wasnt even the onboard sound...
 There are op-amps, capacitors, etc, that play huge role in the "speed" of sound (how fast it can make transitions, how big the DR can be etc etc). 
 Now is the difference worth 200$ or not, or the costs, i really dont know. But there are differences. 

Nov 5, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #42 of 52

I just bought this and used it with my iPhone 7 and a cheap otg cable. It was worlds better than my Schiit Fulla. I really like it and will probably buy another for using at work. I used it with me Grado 80s and it was really pretty great.

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #45 of 52
I own the SMSL M6 and a Magni 2 Uber. I'm using by Beyerdynamic DT-770s and I have to say I like the sound coming out of my M6 better than my Magni 2 Uber. At least that's on my DT770s.. Both great amps. The M6 seems to put out a slightly warmer sound than the brighter sound of the Magni. This is just a personal preference and I like both but I think more people should give this little M6 a try. Great as a combo as well as a stand-alone DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back