Can anyone tell us about the new SMSL M6?
Jan 12, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #16 of 52
Hmm, I suspect going from a UD110v2 + E9i to this might be something quite enjoyable.  Plus if I don't like the amp section, I always have the E9i to fall back on.  Plus the comparison to the Schiit stack certainly caught my interest.

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #18 of 52
It seems weird that this piece of gear doesn't get much love\attention. I think it's got a really high value for that price! Hope to see some more reviews\comparisons :wink:

Subbed

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #23 of 52
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD600's (now 20 years old) which I currently use with a Yamaha RX-V373 receiver (silent cinema) for films, and it's excellent for the job. However, I recently got interested in new music again and it just sounded dull and boomy. I thought I'd try the smsl m6, not expecting much, and was pretty shocked by how differently it sounded. All the muddiness melted away. The toggle is easy to use, and it's loud enough for me at 28, with it going up to 60. There's also no background noise. I've connected it via USB to a 15 year old Windows XP computer, with the JRiver Media Center (via asio4all), and it plays back 24/192 files perfectly. I've also played HD files via optical from a Dune media player.  Pleasantly surprised. Had expected to return it within the allotted 14 days, decided to keep it within a day.

Jun 5, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #24 of 52
just got mine today. im trying it with my AKG K712 Pro. listening at vol 30. anything over 35 is ear bleeding for me, it goes till 60 so enough for to drive hard to drive cans. In terms of sound, hard to say, this is my first dac/amp. compared to just my laptop, vocals and midrange are forward, has good bass thump. will need to burn these in obviously for about a week or so to get their true potential. 

Jul 8, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #25 of 52
Has someone checked if it works with iPhone/iPad ? I'm really curious as om planning to also use the m6 together with an iPad for those days that I only want music quickly via Spotify

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #27 of 52
I bought mine based on Zeo's recommendation on YouTube I am hoping it works well with the few headphones I am about to buy. I should have it in a few days so I can put my impressions up after some testing

Oct 4, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #30 of 52
I have just tested it on the hd650 it is definitely better sounding than the soundblaster zx i was using previously. I do not have much experience in different dac/amps but I can tell the headphones sound a little punchier down low and the music sounds smoother overall with more sound stage. The headphones sound pretty amazing with it to be honest. The volume the amp can go to is well and  truly too loud to listen to so I assume that means it can now power the headphones enough where previously the sound blaster was quite loud but it wasn't as clear or dynamic. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back