Can a PA2V2 power Q702's?
Jul 10, 2011 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bkew

New Head-Fier
I heard the Q701's a week ago and really liked the sound and want to buy them. Before I do I am wondering if the PA2V2 is enough power for them. 

I have been reading threads the last few days and I see the E7/9 combo works as well as does the LYR or Valhala amps, but I never saw mention if a PA2V2 is any good for the Q's 

Those setup's are more desktop also and I still like to be somewhat portable as I travel for work and sitting in a hotel room gets boring alot of the time. 

I use a Cowon J3 / PA2V2  with Hifiman re0's and to me it sounds amazingly good. Granted the J3 can tweak about anything.  Music taste is all accross the board. Files are 320k or FLAC for the most part.

The re0's are 64 ohm and the Q701's are 62, not sure it that means anything?    

Any input / advice would be great.  I am willing to look at other amps if it really requires it, but again being somewhat portable is needed.

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #3 of 6
Hmm, I think the PA2v2 would be adequate as I've seen others pair theirs with much higher impedance headphones like the HD650 for example.  Though, I would suggest getting a more powerful amp sometime the future if you decide to go this route.

Jul 10, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 6
Ok, just wanted to make sure before I purchsed them.... though I went ahead and did it this morning
L3000.gif

I have been looking at some other amps / tube amps and will have to start doing reviews on them now to see the best fit with the Q's

Thanks for the reply.

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #5 of 6
Nice!  Maybe, you can give some impressions of the sound when you get them and some pictures too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #6 of 6
Will do, I am going to let them burn in for about 40 hours before using them. 

Will take a few days I am sure but worth it I think since I know I will put them through the paces once I start to listen to them 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back