Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Feb 25, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #631 of 1,320
I'm gonna grill you about this in NYC. I've been toying with the idea of adding the Sony WM1Z2 to my gear, but I am even more entranced by this mod and your suggestion. You got this done from Cali?

This sounds like it could be amazing and I wonder how it sounds. What a dumb sentence.
haha I look forward to it! I will be bringing it so you can listen for yourself. Yep, I mailed it from California to Steve in Leeds, UK. The sound is different enough from the 1ZM2 that you could own both. The OG 1Z is old hifi sound, thicker, more mid bass focused. The 1ZM2 is mids, focused on the 'brilliance' of the vocal.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 4:24 AM Post #633 of 1,320
Feb 26, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #634 of 1,320
Just received some Coreir tips .... what a difference they make on all my Andros (OG, MW10, Gold, etc..)!!!!!
What a massive difference!!!!
There are way more clearer, instrument separation was already good but now has reached a much higher level, staging has improved too!

154444.jpg

Feb 26, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #635 of 1,320
Just received some Coreir tips .... what a difference they make on all my Andros (OG, MW10, Gold, etc..)!!!!!
What a massive difference!!!!
There are way more clearer, instrument separation was already good but now has reached a much higher level, staging has improved too!

154444.jpg
How did you size em compared to AZLA?

Feb 26, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #636 of 1,320
How did you size em compared to AZLA?
Main differences:

- AZLA is shorter, it ends about at the end of the nozzle. COREIR has about 3mm brass extension that would bring the sound closer to the eardrum.
- AZLA is all silicon, COREIR has the brass tube. Given the different density of the material, I would assume that brass resonates way more sound than silicon.
- the feel of the outer size of the tip is similar and both offer very good seal.

Before trying the COREIR, I was using Eletech's Baroque with the addition of a foam ring under the silicon (taken from a Symbio, to improve seal and bass response). I have been using/trying on rotation Velvet, Symbio(s), Spiral Dots, Sinfit, CFA's tips, Final, ePro, Zotech (practically I have spend a fortune in tips so far).

For my ears and preference (V shaped, the more technical the better, airy higher and neat, clean kicking bass) my Andro sound has been improved considerably. Probably due to the shorter nozzle, that now with, CORIER is also virtually shooting the sound closer to my eardrum.

I mostly prefer a lower profile with the tip ending at the edge of the nozzle but the brass tip has made a massive difference for me for my Andros. Way more than the typical difference from one silicon vs. another silicon. Not made a massive difference on my Tio (that will stay with Baroque) but made a massive difference with my Andros.
Have yet to try what is the impact with other IEMs from my collection..

Feb 26, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #637 of 1,320
Main differences:

- AZLA is shorter, it ends about at the end of the nozzle. COREIR has about 3mm brass extension that would bring the sound closer to the eardrum.
- AZLA is all silicon, COREIR has the brass tube. Given the different density of the material, I would assume that brass resonates way more sound than silicon.
- the feel of the outer size of the tip is similar and both offer very good seal.

Before trying the COREIR, I was using Eletech's Baroque with the addition of a foam ring under the silicon (taken from a Symbio, to improve seal and bass response). I have been using/trying on rotation Velvet, Symbio(s), Spiral Dots, Sinfit, CFA's tips, Final, ePro, Zotech (practically I have spend a fortune in tips so far).

For my ears and preference (V shaped, the more technical the better, airy higher and neat, clean kicking bass) my Andro sound has been improved considerably. Probably due to the shorter nozzle, that now with, CORIER is also virtually shooting the sound closer to my eardrum.

I mostly prefer a lower profile with the tip ending at the edge of the nozzle but the brass tip has made a massive difference for me for my Andros. Way more than the typical difference from one silicon vs. another silicon. Not made a massive difference on my Tio (that will stay with Baroque) but made a massive difference with my Andros.
Have yet to try what is the impact with other IEMs from my collection..
Great info! but i meant literally size 🥹like with the AZLA their sticky tips need a half size down vs the earfit light/reg.
But I also realized! those probably wouldn't get a great fit on something like the Gold, considering the Gold/Ara both have the long nozzle over the Andro's short nozzle. Wouldn't the ring interfere with seating them further down? or would you have to go even smaller for a deeper insertion?

Feb 26, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #638 of 1,320
Great info! but i meant literally size 🥹like with the AZLA their sticky tips need a half size down vs the earfit light/reg.
But I also realized! those probably wouldn't get a great fit on something like the Gold, considering the Gold/Ara both have the long nozzle over the Andro's short nozzle. Wouldn't the ring interfere with seating them further down? or would you have to go even smaller for a deeper insertion?
1708976298777.png
1708976399699.png

1708976444517.png

Oppss... misunderstood. These are the size comparisons..

Feb 26, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #639 of 1,320
I had the same doubt regarding the Ara and Gold too and I was incredibly surprised about how good my gold sound. Fit is not a problem either at all..

Thanking about IEMs with a longer nozzle, I still prefer something else on the U12t, on them, to my ears, COREIR are not such a match..
154455.jpg
154454.jpg

Feb 26, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #640 of 1,320
Hey all!

I thought we'd have some fun this Monday! We just dropped some fun new items onto the CA Market site. Most of these have pretty limited quantities, but there are some really exciting pieces there, and I wanted to give the community here a heads-up.

Some of the highlights:

(1) Trifecta Astral Plane - A-stock, fully sealed
(1) Trifecta OG - Like New
(2) Solaris Mercury - A-stock, fully sealed
(1) Solaris Mercury - Acceptable
(2) Supermoon Moonstone - Good
(1) Andromeda ES - A-stock, wooden display box edition
(1) Solstice Demo Unit
(2) Supermoon Demo Units
(1) Solaris 2020 - Very Good

And, of course, there's a bunch of other great stuff to check out there as well.

Today through Friday, use code HEADFI10 to get an additional 10% off of your order!

Thanks so much to everyone here for the good vibes and helpful nature of this thread! Nicely Done!

Last edited:
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 26, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #641 of 1,320
Is it impossible to create a custom trifecta or is it something that may be considered in the future? Universals don’t fit my ears

Feb 26, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #645 of 1,320
For those that own the Black Star, are they heavy or fatiguing to listen to for a long time? I wasn't sure about the stainless steel body.
I fell asleep wearing them last night while reclining in my chair. Started a new album when I woke up. They are heavier than aluminum or polymer shells, but that’s not really noticeable once you have them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back