Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Apr 17, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #125 of 9,829
At the Chicago now flying back to NY, listening to Andromeda straight out of my iPhone6, suddenly the long security line doesn't look too bad now.

Yes, I purchased a pair the AXPONA show demo, and it didn't take long for me to make the decision. What do I have? I have a pair of UM Miracle custom (that's 6 drivers per side).

Andromeda has certain character which is just so magical. I was hooked the minute I tried it on. I totally blame Ken on this. I honestly think ALO has a true winner on hand and it certainly punches above its price point. yes, I have compared it to other more expansive IEMs and none of them has the magic that makes me want to pull out my wallet. So I guess it is probably not a good idea to try if you have weak mind. :wink:

Can't wait to get home and try it with my CDM. If you think I am biased, I guess you would be right. I am a big ALO fan. They have really been cranking out great projects lately. Oh, everyone should also try the new Continantal v5. Hands down the best portable amp I have ever heard.

Btw, have you seen ALO's IEM case? It is so well designed and made now I am afraid that my wife might want to steal it. Must hide! :)

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #126 of 9,829
At the Chicago now flying back to NY, listening to Andromeda straight out of my iPhone6, suddenly the long security line doesn't look too bad now.

Yes, I purchased a pair the AXPONA show demo, and it didn't take long for me to make the decision. What do I have? I have a pair of UM Miracle custom (that's 6 drivers per side).

Andromeda has certain character which is just so magical. I was hooked the minute I tried it on. I totally blame Ken on this. I honestly think ALO has a true winner on hand and it certainly punches above its price point. yes, I have compared it to other more expansive IEMs and none of them has the magic that makes me want to pull out my wallet. So I guess it is probably not a good idea to try if you have weak mind. :wink:

Can't wait to get home and try it with my CDM. If you think I am biased, I guess you would be right. I am a big ALO fan. They have really been cranking out great projects lately. Oh, everyone should also try the new Continantal v5. Hands down the best portable amp I have ever heard.

Btw, have you seen ALO's IEM case? It is so well designed and made now I am afraid that my wife might want to steal it. Must hide! :)

That is bad, that is bad... Did you compared Jupiter before that?
How does the sound has better improve or just fixe about the balance sound from Jupiter?
Thanks

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #127 of 9,829
That is bad, that is bad... Did you compared Jupiter before that?
How does the sound has better improve or just fixe about the balance sound from Jupiter?
Thanks

I did try Jupiter last year which I almost bought. At that time CDM impressed me more, so I bought that. Don't want to take anything away from Jupiter. It was great. I felt it was on the same level as my UM Miracle which was ranked as the #1 IEM for a long time. However, I didn't feel that it offered significant more than my Miracle, so I wasn't so tempted to replace.

With Andromeda the sound is....I hate to repeat it...just magical. I don't know how to describe it. It might be the midrange which makes vocal so real, sexy and attractive, or it could the bass which is sl tight, punchy, and detailed.

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #128 of 9,829
I did try Jupiter last year which I almost bought. At that time CDM impressed me more, so I bought that. Don't want to take anything away from Jupiter. It was great. I felt it was on the same level as my UM Miracle which was ranked as the #1 IEM for a long time. However, I didn't feel that it offered significant more than my Miracle, so I wasn't so tempted to replace.

With Andromeda the sound is....I hate to repeat it...just magical. I don't know how to describe it. It might be the midrange which makes vocal so real, sexy and attractive, or it could the bass which is sl tight, punchy, and detailed.

That is good enought for me, I get your answer now, I know what I'll going to do :)

Thank you so much

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #129 of 9,829
I listened to 4 prototypes from Ken a couple of weeks ago - and I'm pretty sure the one he and I talked about is Andromeda.  At the time it was in a plain metal shell.  I'll check and make sure.  If it is the one I'm thinking of (and just IMO), it took the thing I didn't like about Jupiter, and made it right (upper mids).  Very clear, very balanced, and very detailed (without being too bright).

As far as the cable goes - it is brilliant.  Gorgeous to look at, soft and pliable, not overly microphonic.  I'd love one for all of my IEMs.  I won't talk about sound - because sonically I'm a bit of a cable agnostic.  I'd get one for the aesthetics alone though.

Someone asked about comparison to the q-Jays 2 - basically I only spent around 4 days with the prototypes - and I'm still not 100% sure if I was hearing the final version or not.  If I get the chance to review the final later - I'll let you guys know.

Very impressive sonically though - there was only one version which didn't gel with me, and it definitely wasn't going to become the Andromeda 
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #132 of 9,829

How I envy you! Since I last heard it in Feb, I couldn't stop thinking about it! It's just so smooth, sparkly, well extended and sweet in the midrange isn't it :)

Plus that razor sharp and 3 dimensional soundstage, pretty amazing :wink:

Also Brooko, if you're referring to the uncoloured aluminium one polished to a soft shine, you got it right that is indeed the andromeda :)

Apr 17, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #133 of 9,829
Has anyone heard Nova yet? I'm interested and very curious how much better this is over Orion. Orion is really good just lacking some bottom end so I am hoping the twin BA's will take care of this area....

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #134 of 9,829
I was feeling sure the Noble Savant was my next purchase, but this gives me pause. Anyone tried both? I know that's a long shot right now given that only a few people have had a chance.
I really like the Savant, but I feel the Andromeda is on slightly higher level. It's slightly more extended in both directions and my goodness it's one hell of an entertaining sound signature!

I think of all the in-ear monitors I listened to this weekend at Axpona, it was a toss up between the KSE1500, Noble K10U, and Andromeda.

With that being said, factor in the price tags and you will see why I say the Andromeda gets my vote for best of show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back