Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 6, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #3,001 of 9,829

Where did you get them from?

I got it from Ambient Acoustic company.http://ambient-acoustics.ua/110/eng/index.html.
Full creation takes less than 1 week from the moment of ordering. And ear molds process took 20 min and gone without any problems and pain).

The main bonus in sound quality is normalizing of tonal balance and lining up of amplitude-frequency response. This is especially noticeable on classic music. 
Each complete fits are compromise between tonal balance and convenience. Here i have definitely better tonal balance than anyone complete fits and hope will receive a perfect comfort a little bit later.  

Yeah, my hometown in da house!!! (i'm originally from Kiev
biggrin.gif
).

So, how about soundstage changes?  Curious about it since you are extending the nozzle, and the distance between the drivers and your eardrum will have some effect on soundstage expansion.  Andromeda has nearly holographic soundstage to begin with, wondering how this custom sleeve going to affect it.

Regarding silicone shell, yes, takes some time getting used to it until friction wears off.  ES60 has a silicone nozzle vs the rest of the shell being acrylic, and it took me a little while to get used to it.  With silicone Harmony 8.2, I had a bit of a hard time until switched to acrylic shell, just a matter of a personal taste
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #3,002 of 9,829

Yeah, my hometown in da house!!! (i'm originally from Kiev
biggrin.gif
).

So, how about soundstage changes?  Curious about it since you are extending the nozzle, and the distance between the drivers and your eardrum will have some effect on soundstage expansion.  Andromeda has nearly holographic soundstage to begin with, wondering how this custom sleeve going to affect it.

Regarding silicone shell, yes, takes some time getting used to it until friction wears off.  ES60 has a silicone nozzle vs the rest of the shell being acrylic, and it took me a little while to get used to it.  With silicone Harmony 8.2, I had a bit of a hard time until switched to acrylic shell, just a matter of a personal taste
wink.gif

hi homie :)

About soundstage, it has not improved drastically, but definitely goes wider and deeper and even more important for me the soundstage has become more structured, layered and focused. Possible due to better isolation from outside environment.
as well i want to note that every additional hour of listening i permanently marked better signs of custom solution that differ to positive side from complete fits-based solution. So my recommendation goes higher and higher )  

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #3,004 of 9,829
Returning to the subject of fits.
Look at the interesting photo that i have found on Ambient Acoustic facebook. Unfortunately it is in Russian, but I think it will be clear how fits shape affect on the amplitude-frequency response. 

ДБ means dB 
УСЛОВНЫЙ НОЛЬ means provisional zero.

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #3,005 of 9,829

I have arrived!

I would like to take a moment to congratulate Ken and company for not settling when it comes to marrying audio quality with impressive architectural design.  There are enough ‘good’ audio products on the market, but your attention to the minute details and inability to bring an unpolished product to market when you see room for improvement keeps me coming back to ALO.

The Andromeda is simply the best IEM I have yet to hear.  I hate the sound of balanced armatures in comparison to dynamic drivers.  They sound completely unnatural as they were never designed with the intention of reproducing music, but I strongly believe Ken has managed to merge the best features of balanced armatures and dynamic drivers into this emerald audio jewel.  The vocals have breathtaking realism, the soundstage has incredible instrument separation, the tonal balance resonates naturally from top to bottom, and the timbre is convincingly real.  Ken might as well have chosen the color to represent the money he is going to be printing with these.  Make it rain Ken!

I’m currently pairing the Andromeda with the Continental Dual Mono, which is like peanut butter and jelly.

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #3,006 of 9,829

I have arrived!

I would like to take a moment to congratulate Ken and company for not settling when it comes to marrying audio quality with impressive architectural design.  There are enough ‘good’ audio products on the market, but your attention to the minute details and inability to bring an unpolished product to market when you see room for improvement keeps me coming back to ALO.

The Andromeda is simply the best IEM I have yet to hear.  I hate the sound of balanced armatures in comparison to dynamic drivers.  They sound completely unnatural as they were never designed with the intention of reproducing music, but I strongly believe Ken has managed to merge the best features of balanced armatures and dynamic drivers into this emerald audio jewel.  The vocals have breathtaking realism, the soundstage has incredible instrument separation, the tonal balance resonates naturally from top to bottom, and the timbre is convincingly real.  Ken might as well have chosen the color to represent the money he is going to be printing with these.  Make it rain Ken!

I’m currently pairing the Andromeda with the Continental Dual Mono, which is like peanut butter and jelly.

I used to share the same sentiment about BAs vs. Dynamics. I even tried Noble Audio 3Us, and they were alright, but still retained that articial sound (perhaps their higher end models are better). I thought BAs were inferior, until I tried Final Audio IEMs. Their midrange tuning and overall signature blew me back, naturalness and energy that I was not expecting. Since then, haven't doubted BAs anymore. I would be curious of a comparison between ALO and Final Audio IEMs.

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #3,007 of 9,829
What tips do you all use for your Andromeda?

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #3,008 of 9,829
I immediately ordered the SpinFit tips as soon as I received shipping info that my Andromeda's were on their way. They worked well, but then I followed another members suggestion and ordered tips from Penon Audio. They cost $4.50 for 3 pair S/M/L. So cost wise they work out to the same as the SpinFits, because I order 2 packs, get two pair that fit perfect, and have other sizes if somebody wants to try my Andromeda. I typically use the Penon Audio tips, but I think I try the SpinFits for today. 

Oct 8, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #3,010 of 9,829
What tips do you all use for your Andromeda?

I use the supplied small silicone tips. They don't obstruct the airflow from the nozzle. The SpinFits are a nice addition to the Campfire Audio line, but the openings are smaller than the nozzle and will inevitably alter the sound signature. I have experimented with all 3 and simply enjoy the silicone the best.

Oct 8, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #3,011 of 9,829

I have arrived!

Snk8699,

You are too kind! thank you so much for your post. I cant take all the credit of course :wink: I have a truly amazing team around me, a incredible collection of characters who all bring something unique and special to the table to make all this possible. I think in this very rare collection of talents makes for a dynamic environment that can make great things if we are all going in the right direction. I wish it could rain green but sadly its not very easy to make these earphones, just ask my dealers who have been so patient with us. We are so happy to be able to make these earphones and strive to continue to make great things for our customers.

Is that shag carpet! nice. 

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 12, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #3,013 of 9,829
Congrats mate...

I can see some subtle changes on Andros.....I think finally the modified batch is on the roll now.

Screws look a a little different and the Zirconium Blast treatment which wasn't there before..... nice!

Enjoy
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:

I have arrived!

I used to share the same sentiment about BAs vs. Dynamics. I even tried Noble Audio 3Us, and they were alright, but still retained that articial sound (perhaps their higher end models are better). I thought BAs were inferior, until I tried Final Audio IEMs. Their midrange tuning and overall signature blew me back, naturalness and energy that I was not expecting. Since then, haven't doubted BAs anymore. I would be curious of a comparison between ALO and Final Audio IEMs.

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #3,014 of 9,829
Using the Nova atm. I forgot how smooth and cool these are. Using the Jupiter tinsel 2.5mm balanced cable to Opus#1.

Had a lot of enjoyment revisiting the Jupiter this morning :)

ca375395577691e0d98203f5cb93187a.jpg

Oct 12, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #3,015 of 9,829
I haven't said much in this thread but just want to say the Andromeda is excellent. It has supplanted the UERM as my favorite iem to listen to. The only grip is it is really sensitive to output impedance. This can be a good or bad thing. The good is you can kind of tailor the sound to your preference the bad is you may not like your source synergy. At any rate, the Andromeda is complete joy to listen to and the treble is simply beautiful. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back