Cambridge DACMagic, anyone?
Oct 27, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #166 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by argentum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deftoned could you link it please. Getting one from Sweden for nice price would be great.

Hifiklubben is selling it for 1998 SEK. Aparently, it's not on their website yet, but that's the price given in their catalogue (page 98).

Oct 27, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #167 of 920
Just received an email from WWE. They said that there are 2 batches coming from Cambride Audio but they still don't know the quantity they will get. I was told to wait until tomorrow to know whether I'm in the first or second batch. Look like there's no delay now, anyone who put pre-order early might have their DacMagic shipped tomorrow.

Oct 27, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #168 of 920
Hi argentum! As dogday already stated it will be sold from HiFi-klubben, the price is 243$ as of todays exchange-rate. It has not appeared on their website yet. I'm not sure if they ship internationally though. Try to contact them. I do not think it will be beneficial for people with other voltage/mains plug.

Oct 27, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #169 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deftoned /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi argentum! As dogday already stated it will be sold from HiFi-klubben, the price is 243$ as of todays exchange-rate. It has not appeared on their website yet. I'm not sure if they ship internationally though. Try to contact them. I do not think it will be beneficial for people with other voltage/mains plug.

Yeah! Let's see. I asked them for a quote to Finland and to Sweden, so I'm looking forward to see what they reply
smily_headphones1.gif

I hope they would ship to Helsinki, since it's a **cking long way to Kalix for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #170 of 920
Quote:

I do not think it will be beneficial for people with other voltage/mains plug.

I guess it will be not a problem, since the main voltage in Estonia is 220 V . Sweden has 230 V , but it is within tolerance limits for us. And we have that 2 pin plug thingy too. The only problem will be - weather they are willing to send it outside of Sweden. I wonder if Cambridge Audio has rules like Grado does - you can only buy from local dealer. We have one in Estonia too, but I'm not sure that their pricing will be very good and they haven't listed it for sale either.

Oct 28, 2008 at 8:40 AM Post #172 of 920
QUOTE=argentum;4915251]I guess it will be not a problem, since the main voltage in Estonia is 220 V . Sweden has 230 V , but it is within tolerance limits for us. And we have that 2 pin plug thingy too. The only problem will be - weather they are willing to send it outside of Sweden. I wonder if Cambridge Audio has rules like Grado does - you can only buy from local dealer. We have one in Estonia too, but I'm not sure that their pricing will be very good and they haven't listed it for sale either.[/QUOTE]

It's exactly the same in France, You can't import from the dealers in UK the Dacmagic, you must pass through your local dealer in France, I tried ... they refused to sell me.

Oct 29, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #173 of 920
This is not a good news indeed. WWE told me that the first batch is really small quantity and I have to wait until the 3rd week of Nov.

However, they're really nice to offer me a $30 for the delay.

Oct 29, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #175 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by jantze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah! Let's see. I asked them for a quote to Finland and to Sweden, so I'm looking forward to see what they reply
smily_headphones1.gif

I hope they would ship to Helsinki, since it's a **cking long way to Kalix for me
smily_headphones1.gif

No luck. They won't ship outside from Sweden, and they weren't even interested shipping to Kalix, Sweden??

Oh well, I guess Buffalo DAC would be better anyway, so I will build a second one later.

Oct 29, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #178 of 920
I still can't get over 243$ from deftoned on Page 17 of the thread - that appears to be a stonking price if it is right!

Oct 30, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #180 of 920
In the UK we are paying £200 or USD330. Even if you take sales tax (VAT) off at 17.5% that is USD 280. Considering import duty will have to be paid in the US , it still appears that the good old british consumer is being ripped off again.

Don't know if there are any threads on the costs of gear in the UK, but it is really expensive here which ever way we look at it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back