Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, used
Jan 30, 2004 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bln

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm very interested in this source, but I'd like to go under the $500 list price if at all possible. But it is a pretty new model; will I be able to find a used one, or should I just purchase a demo from Audio Advisor (assuming they still have it)? I couldn't find any 640Cs on Audiogon, and the one Lextek was selling here on Head-fi was snapped up fast. Your thoughts?

Jan 30, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 10
The Azur 640 is quite new, so I think finding an used one will be hard. The $419.00 demo at Audio Advisor is a great deal....remember, you get a warranty with a purchase there and you get to try it our for 30 days. An used CD player has no such warranty.

Jan 30, 2004 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 10
You're right, it's a very attractive price. A warranty is a great thing to have, and I hadn't even considered the 30-day return policy. I'm awaiting payment on the sale of another item right now, which would cover a good 75 percent or so of this CD player, so I might just spring for it in a few days.

Jan 30, 2004 at 10:43 PM Post #4 of 10
A related thought: does the Cambridge player have a headphone out? If I bought it right away, it'd be nice to listen right away, while saving up for a headamp. Seems like something of a waste to pay hundreds of dollars for such a nice player and have it sit in the box for who knows how long.

Feb 3, 2004 at 7:15 AM Post #10 of 10
gradofan,

It's good that you pointed out that the demo 640 is still available. I mentioned earlier that for $419.00, that's a much better deal than buying used becuase of the warranty and the 30 days return period in case it didn't work out. Maybe if the demo doesn't sell in a week or so, it will go down to $375.00....who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back