Calyx PaT - The $99 Pocket Sized DAC/Amp for iOS, Android and computers
Sep 30, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #46 of 65
Did a comparison review of PaT with Cozoy Astrapi and Aegis. Big thanks to @nmatheis for making it happen!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/calyx-audio-pat-portable-usb-dac-and-headphone-amplifier-gold

Oct 26, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #54 of 65
I'm surprised this thing hasn't taken off. I think a lot of it has to do with their controls not working for Android. That, and the fact that a camera adapter is needed for iOs.

They need to release a version for Android! That would be epic!

I don't know if they could, given that OTG support isn't universal fog Android. Much easier to target iDevices.

Supposedly Fiio is releasing their L19 cable at the end of this month and it removes the need for the CCK.

If it gets MFi certification...

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #57 of 65
But FiiO adds disclaimers that it only works with Android phones with OTG support. They don't claim it works with all Android phones.
That's good enough for me to buy it. Doesn't everything with Android 4.4 and higher have OTG support? That's pretty much every device that isn't ridiculously outdated.

Oct 26, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #58 of 65
But FiiO adds disclaimers that it only works with Android phones with OTG support. They don't claim it works with all Android phones.
That's good enough for me to buy it. Doesn't everything with Android 4.4 and higher have OTG support? That's pretty much every device that isn't ridiculously outdated.

Don't know, Vince. Just know Fiio provides disclaimers, which led me to believe OTG support isn't universal. Hopefully it is, and Calyx makes ab upgraded PaT compatible with Android and iOS.

Typing this from the X7, BTW :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back