Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Sep 2, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #14,941 of 19,145
anybody here had opinion about hitachi receiver ? i own the sr 904... silk sound , bass very good...high exquisite without any harsh...but i dont have any other receiver to compare..... My first is so good i am not to excited to change that one..
popcorn.gif

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #14,943 of 19,145
  Why change then :wink:

i will try the microztl of david berning in one years from now.... The hitachi is so good... i am no more sure that the superiority will be complete or just sidegrade.... Its impossible to say...if not experienced.... But the Hitachi receiver annihilate my others amps experience....
atsmile.gif

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #14,944 of 19,145
my hitachi lost  slowly the right canal... for some minute and the canal return ..... a deoxit case? or what?

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #14,945 of 19,145
  my hitachi lost  slowly the right canal... for some minute and the canal return ..... a deoxit case? or what?

Yes, most likely.  Try to DeOxit the volume pot as well as all other pots (tone controls, balance, etc), switches, selector controls, etc - exercise each control many times after you spray the contacts with DeOxit.  

Also, make sure you allow some time for DeOxit to dry before you power the unit back up.

Sep 4, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #14,946 of 19,145

Yes, most likely.  Try to DeOxit the volume pot as well as all other pots (tone controls, balance, etc), switches, selector controls, etc - exercise each control many times after you spray the contacts with DeOxit.  

Also, make sure you allow some time for DeOxit to dry before you power the unit back up.

thanks very much for your kind advise
beerchug.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #14,947 of 19,145
OK, I checked out the 9090. Ends up I was doing a job the next town over, so I went to look at it. Cosmetically its in fair shape, but should clean up pretty nice. 2 bulbs are out, but the person they bought it from taped 3 bulbs to the case. They didn't have any speakers to hook up so couldn't hear it. I checked the DC offset and it was about 15-16 mv both sides, so not bad. I think I can get it for 350-400, which is less than they are going for on the bay. I'm gonna run back tomorrow with my dac and 580's and see how it sounds. Anything else I should look out for? What do you guys think?

Sep 4, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #14,948 of 19,145

is it necessary to spray the deoxit  on the knobs and volume pot after  unscrewing the frame ? or is it possible to spray it on the exterior without unscrewing the frame also ? its a bit complicate to deassembly all this thing..
popcorn.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #14,949 of 19,145
Almost always some dis-assembly is required.  You need to spray the DeoxIt directly into the openings in the switches and pots.  I have the whole front off of a Pioneer SX-3900 right now doing exactly that.

Sep 5, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #14,950 of 19,145
is it necessary to spray the deoxit  on the knobs and volume pot after  unscrewing the frame ? or is it possible to spray it on the exterior without unscrewing the frame also ? its a bit complicate to deassembly all this thing..:popcorn:

Check this guide here - should give you all the info you need to know, but agree with previous poster that some disassembly is almost always required:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207005

Sep 5, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #14,951 of 19,145
I used to run the dahlquists with a mitsubishi dual monaural 150wpc amp back in the day and they were awesome. They were even more awesome with a spectral amp I had in the 90's. When I got my first big 7 channel receiver for home theater, I kept the speakers but sold off my components. Kind of kicking myself now lol, because now I can give a schiit about home theater and miss my old 2 channel gear...

A friend of mine used to have a pair  of dq10s. They really were damn nice sounding. Very open and spacious sounding . He was using a paragon preamp (remember those) and later really upped the ante with a berning tf-10 (that was a really great preamp and had three outstanding phono inputs) preamp . He was using a hafler 500 with the dq 10s. Later he moved to a pair of apogee scintillas which were a really tough load . ! believe the impedance dropped to 1ohm on those. He moved onto lazarus amps (no longer around) . He was using subs with both speakers. My friend later cut out the load resistor on the scintillas because it made he more open sounding. The impedance on them dropped to a half ohm. The lazarus amps drove them but he had to use them in ab configuration instead of class a which was only 50 watts. The amp did not have enough power in class a and simply chirped in that mode.
   Those were fun days back then.

Sep 5, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #14,952 of 19,145
A friend of mine had DQ10s back in the 70s.  I loved the sound of those things and if I can ever get my hands on a pair I will.

Sep 5, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #14,954 of 19,145
I just brought home the 9090. Talked the Guy down to 380! I just took off the cover and my god the transformer is huge! Its bigger than my tube dac lol. Wish me luck with cleaning the controls and changing the meter lamp. This does not look fun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back