Calling all fellow sandwichphiles
Nov 24, 2011 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

R-Audiohead

1000+ Head-Fier
Yes, I love sandwiches.

I know I am not alone.

Care to share your favorite sandwich? Maybe we'll find some gems to try...

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #4 of 23
Quote:
gourmet level cheeseburger
french dip
fresh cut roast beef sandwich
panini

I'm not a sandwichphile.

I guess i haven't had a true one, but they are really good with mushrooms as well. Also i forgot to mention a good corn beef sandwitch.

Nov 25, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 23
When I'm feeling especially lazy, I spread peanut butter on a slice of bread then put it and the top slice under the broiler for 5-6 minutes.

The bread gets toasted and peanut butter is a little better hot.

Another lazy sandwich is putting two scrambled eggs onto bread with mayo and mustard.  Goes exceptionally well with tomato soup.

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #7 of 23

Quote:
Quote:
gourmet level cheeseburger
french dip
fresh cut roast beef sandwich
panini

I'm not a sandwichphile.

I guess i haven't had a true one, but they are really good with mushrooms as well. Also i forgot to mention a good corn beef sandwitch.

Agree, but I would add *selected* Corned beef. By that I choose the brisket end that has a lot of fat. Yum.

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #8 of 23
     Quote:
Agree, but I would add *selected* Corned beef. By that I choose the brisket end that has a lot of fat. Yum.

I'll have to look into the types of corned beef, im not sure if i want mine to be like a pot rost full of fat. 

Nov 26, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #10 of 23
Sandwich #1

Wheat Bread
Swiss Cheese
Tomato
Bell Pepper
Chili Pepper
Oregano
Basil

Chop the tomato, bell pepper and chili pepper and dice it up well. Set up the bread and cheese for your standard grilled cheese sandwich, but add the tomato, peppers, oregano and basil before sandwiching the bread and allowing the cheese to melt. Grill as desired and eat hot.

Sandwich #2

French Baguette
Provolone Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese
Fresh Leaf Basil
Tomato
Marinara Sauce
Olive Oil
Oregano

Lay a light layer of marinara sauce on one, or both halves of a portion of baguette (both halves). Lightly toast both halves in the oven, sauce side up, until the outer skin just starts to crisp up. Remove from the oven and add mozzarella cheese, sliced tomato and leaf basil, topped with provolone. If you are only going to eat one half as a french bread pizza, you can do this on just one half, or you can arrange the different ingredients on separate halves for a sandwich. place everything back in the oven, ingredients up, and toast on a slightly lower setting until cheese has melted and basil leaves start browning on the edges. Pull out of the oven, add oregano to taste and a light dash of EVOO. Press sandwich and enjoy!.

Sandwich #3

Sourdough Bread Rolls
Ranch dressing
Jalapenos
Baby Spinach Leaves
Thick Sliced Fresh Soft Mozzarella Cheese
Marmalade
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes

Very lightly toast both sides of both halves of the Bread Roll. Finely dice the jalapenos, and add to the ranch dressing until suitable flavor has been acquired. Apply a light layer of Ranch Dressing to the bottom roll. Layer baby spinach leaves on top of dressing. Add sliced mozzarella as per choice. Add a small dollop of Marmalade to the top of the mozzarella (Sounds weird, but it works!). Sprinkle some crushed red pepper flakes over the top and press the second half of the roll down and enjoy!

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #11 of 23
Everybody has a favorite sandwich so I won't go into my details but I will say this:

It is important for a great sandwich to have good quality bread. A good sandwich with bad bread is like a Porsche with flat tires. Don't over look on the quality of bread.

Nov 27, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:
Everybody has a favorite sandwich so I won't go into my details but I will say this:

It is important for a great sandwich to have good quality bread. A good sandwich with bad bread is like a Porsche with flat tires. Don't over look on the quality of bread.

Good Rye bread!
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back