Cables gotten better on Klipsch Custom 3?
Jun 6, 2010 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

swiftbmx

New Head-Fier
I see they are down to $110 and they are looking so tempting but I've read here over and over of the cable problems.  I'm hoping every new batch they've done, perhaps the cable has gotten better?  For anyone that bought them recently, hopefully from a high volume retailer, are you having any cable problems?

If I back out of the Custom 3's, would a good backup solution be the HJE900's?  I listen to mostly Indie Rock and other equally as lame music.  Thanks

Oh yeah, its also been years since I've been here.  My Shure E4's just fell apart after 4 years :frowning2:

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #2 of 2
custom 3's are no longer in production, so there really arent any new "batches." Personal experience, the c1's c2's & c3's I've bought off amazon & guitar center had the crappy, stiff cabling. 

However, I also tried a couple pair from a local electronics store here in town & the cable was much more flexible & much easier to handle. While Klipsch states the cable was never changed, it felt like a completely different cable & felt nowhere near as crappy as the first ones I bought. I guess it just depends on which batch your purchase will come from. Kind of a luck of the draw. Good Luck. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back