cable pro reverie headphone cable for audeze headphones
Jan 20, 2015 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

buson160man

1000+ Head-Fier
  I have had my lcd2 v2s for a couple of years . While I have appreciated their strengths they have some deficiencies as well. One of those was a sense of reserve at the top that robbed the listening experience of some of the excitement of listening to music. I decided
about five months ago to try upgrading the headphone cable on my lcd2 v2 . I had made some observations under another thread following another cable pro headphone cable . But I thought it might deserve its own thread in light of the improvement it has made on my lcd2 v2 .
   If I had to state what the reverie lcd headphone cable does . I would have to state that it is a study of spacial dimension and dynamic expression . Because that is what makes this cable so special .
  First the reverie imparts a excellent sense of space and dimension that hitherto my lcd v2 has lacked. I had always felt that dimensionality was not a strongpoint of the audeze lcd 2. Well that doubt has been laid to waste . My audezes can now hold their own against my old austrian made akg 701 which has always been a soundstage champ . There is a very spacious presentation with lots of atmosphere that can take you away in a sense to the original event .The reverie cable also separates all the elements of the recording in a fashion that gives you a sense that you are hearing everything that the recording can give without missing anything. Obviously I love this cable can you tell.
   The other strength that this cable has is its dynamic abilities. There is a sense of dynamic ebb and flow that makes listening very exciting . You can almost feel the performers expressions which is very beguiling .I guess I would call it a sense of reality.
   Before I upgraded to the reverie I really did not listen that much to the lcd2 preferring the akg 701 for its sense of resolution and space.
   These days I seem to be leaning more and more toward the lcd2 v2 for my listening experience .
    The reverie upgrade headphone cable for the audeze headphones has definitely been a winning experiment .I highly recommend this excellent cable upgrade. I feel I hit a grand slam .

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 5
is this the site u bought from? what is the standard length?  5ft i believe :p

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/CablePro_Freedom_Audeze_Headphone_Cable_p/the0000200.htm

Description
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif

DBox_Border_Left_Top.gif
clear1x1.gif
DBox_Border_Right_Top.gif
clear1x1.gif
We are very impressed at the value that the CablePro Freedom cables provide. Inexpensive - yes! A great Value - Yes! Highly recommended to those who want to upgrade their headphone without breaking the bank.

The Audeze LCD-2 and LCD-3 headphones offer a level of fidelity that few others can match. With the Freedom replacement cable attached, your Audeze headphones will deliver improved performance across the board.

The Freedom Upgrade is an incredible value. Utilizing UP-OCC (Ultra-Pure Ohno Cast Copper) conductors, Freedom simply outperforms cables costing significantly more. Thanks to Freedom's low noise floor and mono-crystal conductor material, dynamics, as well as detail, are exceptionally refined.

Each conductor in Freedom is comprised of several strands of UP-OCC conductor. Unlike all other coppers, UP-OCC conductor strands are made from a single copper crystal. This eliminates distortions caused by signals arcing across the crystal boundaries. UP-OCC is the purest copper conductor available (99.99997%) without exception, and it sounds like it.

Freedom uses a pair of UP-OCC coaxial conductors. The shielding extends all the way up to the headphone for absolutely silent signal delivery. The dielectric is a super low-loss, nitrogen injected, foamed polypropylene that damps out noise but passes audio signals without compromise.

The resulting sound is exceptionally lively and natural sounding. Big, bold, and highly detailed, without being brash, Freedom allows for one of the most realistic sounding presentations you'll ever hear outside of a concert hall.

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #3 of 5
    I have had my lcd2 v2s for a couple of years . While I have appreciated their strengths they have some deficiencies as well. One of those was a sense of reserve at the top that robbed the listening experience of some of the excitement of listening to music. I decided
about five months ago to try upgrading the headphone cable on my lcd2 v2 . I had made some observations under another thread following another cable pro headphone cable . But I thought it might deserve its own thread in light of the improvement it has made on my lcd2 v2 .
   If I had to state what the reverie lcd headphone cable does . I would have to state that it is a study of spatial dimension and dynamics . Because that is what makes this cable so special .
  First the reverie imparts a excellent sense of space and dimension that hitherto my lcd v2 has lacked. I had always felt that dimensionality was not a strongpoint of the audeze lcd 2. Well that doubt has been laid to waste . My audezes can now hold their own against my old austrian made akg 701 which has always been a soundstage champ . There is a very spacious presentation with lots of atmosphere that can take you away in a sense to the original event .The reverie cable also separates all the elements of the recording in a fashion that gives you a sense that you are hearing everything that the recording can give without missing anything. Obviously I love this cable can you tell.
   The other strength that this cable has is its dynamic abilities. There is a sense of dynamic ebb and flow that makes listening very exciting . You can almost feel the performers expressions which is very beguiling .I guess I would call it a sense of reality.
   Before I upgraded to the reverie I really did not listen that much to the lcd2 preferring the akg 701 for its sense of resolution and space.
   These days I seem to be leaning more and more toward the lcd2 v2 for my listening experience .
    The reverie upgrade headphone cable for the audeze headphones has definitely been a winning experiment .I highly recommend this excellent cable upgrade. I feel I hit a grand slam .

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #4 of 5
  is this the site u bought from? what is the standard length?  5ft i believe :p

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/CablePro_Freedom_Audeze_Headphone_Cable_p/the0000200.htm

Description
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif

DBox_Border_Left_Top.gif
clear1x1.gif
DBox_Border_Right_Top.gif
clear1x1.gif
We are very impressed at the value that the CablePro Freedom cables provide. Inexpensive - yes! A great Value - Yes! Highly recommended to those who want to upgrade their headphone without breaking the bank.

The Audeze LCD-2 and LCD-3 headphones offer a level of fidelity that few others can match. With the Freedom replacement cable attached, your Audeze headphones will deliver improved performance across the board.

The Freedom Upgrade is an incredible value. Utilizing UP-OCC (Ultra-Pure Ohno Cast Copper) conductors, Freedom simply outperforms cables costing significantly more. Thanks to Freedom's low noise floor and mono-crystal conductor material, dynamics, as well as detail, are exceptionally refined.

Each conductor in Freedom is comprised of several strands of UP-OCC conductor. Unlike all other coppers, UP-OCC conductor strands are made from a single copper crystal. This eliminates distortions caused by signals arcing across the crystal boundaries. UP-OCC is the purest copper conductor available (99.99997%) without exception, and it sounds like it.

Freedom uses a pair of UP-OCC coaxial conductors. The shielding extends all the way up to the headphone for absolutely silent signal delivery. The dielectric is a super low-loss, nitrogen injected, foamed polypropylene that damps out noise but passes audio signals without compromise.

The resulting sound is exceptionally lively and natural sounding. Big, bold, and highly detailed, without being brash, Freedom allows for one of the most realistic sounding presentations you'll ever hear outside of a concert hall.

No I purchased my cable from the cable pro website. I did see the freedom cable on their website and I did talk with Ted at cable pro .
After talking with him I opted to go all the way with his reverie audeze headphone cable . While the freedom is quite reasonable the reverie is priced substantially more mine cost me around 640 usd. At that price it is not inexpensive costing two thirds of the cost of the lcd2 v2 headphone.
   But in light of the performance that the new cable wrests from the lcd 2 v2 it is worth the cost . I am not familiar with the freedom cable from cable pro so I can not judge the difference in sound quality between the freedom and the higher priced reverie cable. I am much happier now with my audeze lcd2 v2 and will be using them more extensively than I was before which is how it should be considering the premium price over the akg 701s I bought over 5 years ago. But that said I have to say the akg 701s speak volumes of value for their very modest pricing. It took a cable that cost more than twice the price I paid for my k701s to eclipse them . That says a lot about the value offered up by the k701.
   But I have some dismay that it took a esoteric cable costing substantially more than my k701 to eclipse the sound of the k701.I had rather hoped that the lcd2 v2 would have sounded like it does now without the additional cost of an esoteric cable. But that is the way it is and while I have some regret I still am happy with the sound of the lcd2 v2 with the reverie headphone cable.

Feb 26, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #5 of 5
Well I have put some more time on the reverie headphone cable and my lcd2 v2s are sounding simply sublime. Things have gotten noticeably more palpable and the sense of weight has also been ramped up with more use on the cable. I have never heard bass on a headphone like the audezes have with the reverie cable on it. It is just a pity that the lcd2s have such clamping force on your head because after more than one cd it feels literally like your head is in a vice. That is the one thing about the audeze phones that I have to chime in that they are not that comfortable to wear for long listening sessions. Other than that I have no qualms about the lcd2 v2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back