Cable length of JVC Marshmallows and MEElectronics M9?
Oct 8, 2010 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mojoe24

New Head-Fier
My Skullcandy Ink'd pair broke and I need a new pair of cheap IEMs to replace them.  I was stuck between the two because they seem to have the best isolation; I'll be using them while I mow the lawn.  I really love the pair of sennheiser c300 that I have, but their cable is too short.  How are the cables on the JVCs and the MEEs?

Nevermind.  I found it on the manufactures sites.  I'll be going with the MEE since they are longer, unless anyone has another recomendation.

Oct 8, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #2 of 5
There's three types of marshmallows - the FX33, FX34, and FX35. The FX34 has a painfully short cable - just 3.3 ft. I think they bumped it back to 3.9ft for the FX35 but the Meelec cord is still longer (and they sound much better). On the downside, the isolation of the M9 is really not that great - a bit less than that of the Marshmallows and Ink'd buds. If I may make a suggestion, you may want to check out the Earsquake SHA on ebay. They're made by a little-known Taiwanese OEM but at that price provide some great bang/buck. Sound-wise I put them between the Marshmallows and M9s but they isolate better than either and the cable is pretty long at nearly 4.3 ft.

Oct 8, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 5
Hmm, I was thinking the M9's isolation would be better than the Ink'ds.  I may have to think about the Earsquake SHA then.  You would recommend them above Marshmallows?  

Oct 8, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #4 of 5
The M9 has a pretty large vent at the rear. Isolation is about average on the M9, better on the Marshmallows and SHA. I don't like marshmallows much but I do admit that they are comfortable and isolate well, but then so do the SHA and they sound better to boot. If you're interested there's reviews all three (and the Ink'd buds) in one of the threads in my sig.

Oct 9, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #5 of 5
Yeah.  I was thinking the M9 because of that review link.  They were a 9/10 which was the highest in the price range.  Though since the SHAs have better isolation I'll probably go with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back