C&C Box+ Bit Dust
Feb 3, 2008 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

shacky

Head-Fier
I bought the Box+ last July. Haven't used it all that much. Went to charge it and it would not charge. Was running on AC adaptor but then sound became very distorted. Turning off and on a few times brought it back but only for a few minutes.
mad.gif

Anyone else have this problem?

Feb 3, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #2 of 9
Mine works fine. Call C&C and ask what they think. Maybe it needs a new battery or something?

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 9
Did you ever find out what happened to that amp?

Feb 4, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #4 of 9
Mine used to do this all the time when the battery was nearly flat, so it definately sounds like its at fault. Can you try another wall wart as it may not be charging it properly, rather than the battery being faulty.

If you bought it only a few months ago you should try and contact the person you bought it from to see if they'll fix it under warranty.

Feb 10, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #5 of 9
Sorry I haven't been back to post update. Roman was very responsive and I've sent it into the Pittsburgh Service center.

I'm optimistic and impressed with their responsiveness. Will post update when it returns.

I'm glad as I really like the sound of this little amp. I don't listen flat - I use the Sound Enhancer (I assume this is cross-talk), loudness, and hi setting on my Senn 280 Pro's and it's awesome.

Feb 13, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #6 of 9
I'm considering the same combo. of Box+ and Senn HD 280's. Glad you like it. How does irt sound for acoustic jazz or classical music?

Mar 3, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #8 of 9
Got my Box+ back
smily_headphones1.gif
Said they replaced both batteries. I'm a happy customer again.

Can't say I listen to traditional acoustic jazz, but Pat Metheny is awesome. His 3 Brazilian efforts are what I listen to most - First Circle, Still Life Talking, and Letter From Home.

The Box+ has enough adjustments to make anything sound good. I usually use Hi power, Loudness, and crossfeed all the time.

Mar 3, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mike16w /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed the company and never got a response back. Chocked it up to poor customer service and started looking for a battery. Still Looking.

You'll need you Cert ID #. Roman was very responsive to my email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back