C&C BH2 or Digizoid ZO2
Jul 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Exesteils

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi there, newbie audiophile here.

I'm looking for a new AMP to go with my portable rig. My E5 is currently on it's last legs, and I figured since I'm waiting for new phones to come in, might as well upgrade the rest of my equipment. 

I've currently narrowed it down to the 2 stated, the C&C BH2 and Digizoid ZO2 based on review by H20Fidelity and 
shigzeo  respectively. What I would like to know if these would work well with the my IEM, TF10 and Fidelio S2.

What I'm looking for in Amps that compliment them, so any other suggestions would be welcome. Preferably around the $100 pricetag.

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #2 of 9
Hi there, newbie audiophile here.

I'm looking for a new AMP to go with my portable rig. My E5 is currently on it's last legs, and I figured since I'm waiting for new phones to come in, might as well upgrade the rest of my equipment. 

I've currently narrowed it down to the 2 stated, the C&C BH2 and Digizoid ZO2 based on review by H20Fidelity
 and 
shigzeo
  respectively. What I would like to know if these would work well with the my IEM, TF10 and Fidelio S2.

What I'm looking for in Amps that compliment them, so any other suggestions would be welcome. Preferably around the $100 pricetag.

I've had the TF-10 with BH before, and they performed great together. I've seen many others using the two together and they enjoyed it as much as I did from the looks of things and from what I've read on the threads:)

:)

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #3 of 9
For the TF10, I would definitely go with BH2, I have used that IEM with the amp they make a perfectly well match, I have spoken about this with members in the TF10 thread, who went ahead and TF10 has also made the Crazy Synergy list in the BH amp thread. It really takes them up a notch and extracts the detail, bass texture and widens the soundstage just to name a few benefits.

Goodluck.

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #4 of 9
Hi there, look no further, the tf10 and bh2 combo is just perfect. You'll not be disappointed. I have The tf10, bh2 and zo2. My zo2 is currently listed on ebay as I feel it doesn't have that great synergy with the tf10..I was a big fan of zo2 until I found Mr bh2, talk of clarity of sound, instrument separation,battery life, tight bass, improved soundstage then the zo2 doesn't come close.. Believe the hype and enjoy your investment ..

Jul 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
For the TF10, I would definitely go with BH2, I have used that IEM with the amp they make a perfectly well match, I have spoken about this with members in the TF10 thread, who went ahead and TF10 has also made the Crazy Synergy list in the BH amp thread. It really takes them up a notch and extracts the detail, bass texture and widens the soundstage just to name a few benefits.

Goodluck.

Awesome. Your review was the reason why I even considered the BH2. Btw, what DAC would you suggest to pair with them, I'm currently running them directly out of my Xperia Z.

Jul 6, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #6 of 9
Awesome. Your review was the reason why I even considered the BH2. Btw, what DAC would you suggest to pair with them, I'm currently running them directly out of my Xperia Z.

Personally, I would see how the amp pairs with your Xperia Z first before looking into a DAP (not DAC). You may find yourself happy, if not, and you're willing to focus purely on SQ I suggest you do some research on Colorfly C3 and make the popular BH / C3 combo many members are using on Head-Fi.

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
Personally, I would see how the amp pairs with your Xperia Z first before looking into a DAP (not DAC). You may find yourself happy, if not, and you're willing to focus purely on SQ I suggest you do some research on Colorfly C3 and make the popular BH / C3 combo many members are using on Head-Fi.

really? I've always thought it's DAC>"Line Out Signal" >Amplifier> headphone jack.

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #8 of 9
DAC is digital to analog converter, any player, or source that converts digital signal into audio contains a DAC.

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
DAC is digital to analog converter, any player, or source that converts digital signal into audio contains a DAC.

Ah, got it. So only difference is the quality of the DAC itself. I'll wait on the BH2s before deciding then..... Still can't believe I bought 3 headphones, at the same time. 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back