C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Feb 27, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #1,171 of 3,421
Why do some believe that the amp is best with iems?I find it fully compatible with dt880 250ohm. Dt 990 600ohm. q701. Mdr-1r.

I'll have the Mad Dog aswell soon and I doubt it will be bad for that either.

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #1,172 of 3,421
The BH is not designed or catered to work with mostly IEMs. Not sure where this idea came from, either. Seems to work fine with a number of other members' full sized cans of various impedances and works great with my AD700 and AD900x.

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #1,173 of 3,421
BH will run headphones up to 300ohms.

Guy's, if anything seems a miss or you're unsure about a members opinion please refer to the first post of member impressions (below the review) in those impressions is the bulk of how the amp performs and a collection of personal views from many owners. Sometimes things get said and the thread will drift in a so called direction.

If you read them several owners are using full-size headphones.

geko95gek: impressions added :smile:

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #1,174 of 3,421
The BH can power my LCD-2s, though it seems to lack a little of the "umph" that it has with say a much larger amp such as the V200...but that's not a fair comparison by any means.  However, if I was demoing the LCD-2s to a friend, I'd have no issue using the BH to power them as an example.

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #1,175 of 3,421
Quote:
Why do some believe that the amp is best with iems?I find it fully compatible with dt880 250ohm. Dt 990 600ohm. q701. Mdr-1r.

I'll have the Mad Dog aswell soon and I doubt it will be bad for that either.

Quote:
The BH can power my LCD-2s, though it seems to lack a little of the "umph" that it has with say a much larger amp such as the V200...but that's not a fair comparison by any means.  However, if I was demoing the LCD-2s to a friend, I'd have no issue using the BH to power them as an example.

Finally, people who have actually tried something before speculation. Thanks for the info.

Edit: Question: A lot of this thread and the C3 appreciate thread talk about the two having good synergy.
My question is: How is the synergy with the clip+ (would like to hear from people that own the combo) Thanks.

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #1,177 of 3,421
Feb 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #1,178 of 3,421
Quote:

Cost me £19.99 + £1 shipping (1st Class Standard).

This is the pics he took today before sending the LOD, which he made me in 1 day.

It's 4 strand 7N Pure Copper... cryo treated, iPod dock with gold pins and a Neutrik 3.5mm jack. The length of the wire itself I requested to be no longer than 3.5mm. All soldered with a silver solder.

Hopefully it will be here tomorrow. 
biggrin.gif

If not, then Friday for sure.

---

@H2O, btw I asked the guy Stelian who made this LOD for me and he said its ok for me to advertise him in this thread. So once he gives me an email address maybe you can put it in the OP for others to find easily?? 
wink.gif

That is one nice LOD! Can you link me his eBay account?

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #1,180 of 3,421
Has anyone that bought the BH from the ebay seller from China received their unit yet? I'll probably just go pollychen since he is verified, but I was just curious. Wanted to know how long it took, if the same accessories were included, etc.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #1,181 of 3,421
Quote:
Has anyone that bought the BH from the ebay seller from China received their unit yet? I'll probably just go pollychen since he is verified, but I was just curious. Wanted to know how long it took, if the same accessories were included, etc.

Took about a week for me to get mine from Pollychen. I didn't get any earplugs like H20 did in his review, but I'm not stressing out over it :p My unit came with everything else, though; BH, plastic fish, carrying bag, cable, rubber rings, and 1.5mm to 1.5mm interconnector.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #1,182 of 3,421
Kamak, sorry, no experience with that seller... frankly speaking i would not bother about 5$ and would go with pollychen.

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #1,183 of 3,421
I'm not sure if there is a language barrier or something, but my question was about the eBay seller from China, more specifically "svclever88" . Pollychen sells from Hong Kong. Been plenty of reviews on Pollychen already, so I was curious if anyone had purchased their C&C BH from "svclever88" or one of the other dealers from China so I could compare their services to the already numerous reviews on Pollychen.

My curiosity spawned from:
1. One is 5$ cheaper, so I figured that someone would have probably purchased the unit from him to save $5.
2. Pollychen's picture shows the bands, the other dealer does not. 
-These things are trivial and won't make much of an impact on my purchase, but since I've decided to buy the unit now (after tons of research on similarly priced products), I thought it would only be appropriate to give equal detail to the choice of who to purchase from. In fact there is even an Amazon listing for the unit that goes for $5 more than Pollychen, but lacks information about what else is included (again adding to my general curiosity). 
I understand different experiences, etc, etc, etc; again not the question I asked 
deadhorse.gif
, but thanks for the additional info on Pollychen anyway. 

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #1,184 of 3,421
If you look at both listing from Pollychen and svclever88, they're both associated with the same store "fanmusic" Just different locations.

You can see this in the listing next to "visit store"

If you check their items they're both selling very much the same audio gear. Why one is undercutting the other in price I do not know exactly. :xf_eek:

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #1,185 of 3,421
Quote:
If you look at both listing from Pollychen and svclever88, they're both associated with the same store "fanmusic" Just different locations.

You can see this in the listing next to "visit store"

If you check their items they're both selling very much the same audio gear. Why one is undercutting the other in price I do not know exactly.
redface.gif

Seems like it's just to do with business. At the end of the day, it is probably going to the same group of people. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back