Buying the HD25-1-IIs, speak now or forever..
May 21, 2011 at 5:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

leonheart1

New Head-Fier
..hold your peace. 

I'm looking to buy a portable pair of headphones since it's winter now where I am and using IEMs is similar to stuffing icy water into my ear canals.
On top of being my portable choice during cold days, I would also need to use it sometimes at night so my speakers don't wake the dead. 

Headphones I've considered include: the Sennheiser HD25-1-IIs, Aiaiai TMA-1s and the Audio Technica M50.
I can get the HD25-1-IIs for about $185, TMA-1 for $180, and the M50 for $126.

I'm worried that the above only caters to those deep bass-lovers.  
I doubt small headphones could rival a 12" subwoofer so if I had to choose I'd prefer great treble and mids over great bass. 

Which of the above should I go for?
Is there another obvious choice I haven't considered?

Any feedback would be appreciated since they could possibly bring me greater pleasure while listening and save me money. 
gs1000.gif

May 21, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 2
I have the HD-25's as my main headphone and have not heard the other to,so take my words light since its based on what I read and very biased.

as for the HD-25, to me it just plays what you feed it,it handles whatever I wanna listen to. itś pure <3 fo me.

read in different threads here that the M-50 is more bass orientated, and that the TMA-1 is a bit darker (compared to the HD-25)

I guess it depends on personal tastes whats good.

to my ears the HD-25 are clean,accurate and sharp, some of my friends call them boring,cold and dull/flat..
guess its all down to personal preferences

dont think you really can go wrong whit any of the 3.

(ad your source and what type of genres you listen to and some more experienced members might have something to ad to what I said. + use search,its a nice freind when researching things here.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back