Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Sep 3, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #1,066 of 5,364
Hey guys, I'm kinda new to this... I have a pair of Skullcandy Titans and am curious if anybody knows of a pair of earbuds that would be better than them for the price ($20). I'm sure there are, everyone seems to be hatin' on Skullcandy for some reason, but for 20 bucks they sound great in my opinion. So in case these break or I decide to upgrade to a better pair, what are my options? I like bassy music like techno if that helps...

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #1,067 of 5,364
Ok, so I'm looking to build my first serious portable rig. And by serious i mean over the top. 

Here's my insane plan. I'm looking to buy a hard metal brief case, you know the kind with all the foam inside the must there for carry items of great value. Yeah, one of those. Then i want to out fit it with the O2 amp. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but it has rechargeable batteries so i can carry it around with out having to plug it in, right? I'd like to pair it with the Odac. Now I've hit a bit of a brick wall here. I've heard such good things about the odac.I was wondering, is there some way i can make it run off of my ipod touch fourth gen? If not carrying around a small net book may be the only way to solve the problem, or at least as far as i can tell. Help?

Ok so you've got my issue with the amp/dac. Now, part two i just can decide what portable to use with it. I would like it to be able to roll up or fold up so that it fits nicely inside the box with everything. I've been looking at the super fi pro 5, e4c, ex600, the gr07, the re262, and the hd 25-1-ii. Which one is best suited for rock? Anything better suited? Is the hd 25 small enough to actually fit in a reasonable size box with all that?

Yeah, i know this is shaping up to be more of a transportable rig than a portable one, however i already carry half the planet on my back so i figure whats another briefcase. Many, many thanks in advance.

Sep 4, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #1,068 of 5,364
Hi I'm in the market for some new headphones. I'm looking to upgrade my Beats by Dre Studio to some headphones that can actually deliver good sound quality. I want some portable, over the ear headphones in the $200-$300 price range. The music genres I listen to the most are classic rock, hip hop/rap, and electronic. My music player is an iPod Nano 6th generation device. I'm not really sure what to get. I've read a lot of different reviews about headphones, but I've gotten lost trying to find a good pair that meets my criteria out of the hundreds of suggestions. The main things I want are great sound quality and comfort. Basically I'm looking for headphones that are similar to my Beats but with much better sound quality. I appreciate the help, and thanks for understanding that I'm new to this.

Sep 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #1,069 of 5,364

I have to pick between  Bose ie2, klipsch s4 & sony XBA 3 as my gift..

Which is better and why...

I particularly like soundstage, true vocals, Nice treble, tight bass and most importantly instrument separation..

Plz respond

I am from india, so i only have only these IE's availbale around me...

:frowning2:

Sep 4, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #1,070 of 5,364
I just tried out the shure se215, ety mc5 and the hf5 and i must say, the etys are more of an acquired taste more than anything else. Im not sure if i hadn't put the etys in properly but to me, the shures produced a fuller sound than the etys. however, i found the detachable wire a bit annoying as it swivels around and it gets hard to conform the wire to the back of my ear. Just my piece of advice for comparisons between etys and the shures

Sep 4, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #1,071 of 5,364
Hi guys,

I am looking for some new earphones and headphones. I have never worried about what kind of earphones etc I have used in the past just used whatever I had. A friend has some Grado SR60i and I was blown away by how much better they sound. 

I am not willing to spend that much just yet on some headphones I just want to spend a little and then move on up as I start to appreciate it more.

So my budget; 
- I am looking to spend around £10-£20 on some earphones. I have got a pair of Monoprice 8320 but looking for some new ones also. 
- I am also looking to spend around £20-£40 on some headphones. 

I see on Amazon etc there are hundreds of different choices so some advice would be awesome. 

I know its not a very big budget but I am just starting out and I will probably end up spending £100 next week when I realise how much better it can get! :D For now though I just want to start small.

Thanks for any recommendations in advance :)

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #1,073 of 5,364
Quote:
I have to pick between  Bose ie2, klipsch s4 & sony XBA 3 as my gift..

Which is better and why...

I particularly like soundstage, true vocals, Nice treble, tight bass and most importantly instrument separation..

Plz respond

I am from india, so i only have only these IE's availbale around me...

Whats the point if no one replies...?

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #1,074 of 5,364
Whats the point if no one replies...?

I agree...

This thread has grown into a useless blob of wasted typing.

It should be retired to the archives.

Jim

PS Sony XBA-3

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #1,076 of 5,364
Thanks AstroTurf..!
i ll go ahead with XBA..
Have u tried it by any chance?

I have not. But, I have always been a fan of Sony Products.

Here is a thread which my help you even further...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/626569/are-sony-xba-3-worth-a-120-ish-price-more-details-inside-d

Hope it helps, Jim

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #1,077 of 5,364
Hi, I'm kinda new to this so I'd really appreciate some help :)

I'm looking for:

In-ear headphones (as comfortable as possible)  that don't need an amp.
I'd mostly be using them in public (bus rides and such) on my android phone.
I listen to hip hop/rap, so I'd really love something with bass.
My budget is 200€ which is about 255$.

(On a side note I currently do not own any headphones but the last in-ear headphones I had really fell out easy and I don't know if that's a problem with my ears or of it varies from headphones to headphones, but if it does I would like something that doesn't fall out easy)

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #1,078 of 5,364
I need tips for buying used iems

I know 2 people selling used UE TF10
The first person sells 1 year old TF10 for 140$ with stock cable
He used stock cable for few months before moving to custom cable

The second person sells 6 months old TF10 for 180$ with stock cable
He said he only used it for about 20 hours before putting it back into box

The last option is brand new TF10 which was sold for 260$ in my country

I need suggestions from experienced people...

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #1,079 of 5,364
Quote:
I need tips for buying used iems

I know 2 people selling used UE TF10
The first person sells 1 year old TF10 for 140$ with stock cable
He used stock cable for few months before moving to custom cable

The second person sells 6 months old TF10 for 180$ with stock cable
He said he only used it for about 20 hours before putting it back into box

The last option is brand new TF10 which was sold for 260$ in my country

I need suggestions from experienced people...

Have you ever seen the TF10?

They are HUGE... Not something I want hanging out of my ears.

But, If you must... Buy Brand New.

Used Stuff ain't got no warranty.

Just my opinion, Jim

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #1,080 of 5,364
Quote:
Have you ever seen the TF10?

They are HUGE... Not something I want hanging out of my ears.

But, If you must... Buy Brand New.

Used Stuff ain't got no warranty.

Just my opinion, Jim

Well.. my ears are huge as well... larger than average people lol
even Vsonic GR07 keeps falling off from my ear

All right so warranty is the main problem? I'm fine with used iems as long as they are in perfect condition and have no drivers degradation 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back