Buyer's Remorse: Headphones and earphones you bought on impulse and regretted.
Oct 5, 2006 at 8:21 AM Post #151 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
I guess the SR325i would just about qualify by a cat's whisker: I got them, listened to them and absolutely hated them. However after a few days and hundreds of hours of burn-in, these goldies actually sounded wonderful!

Same here. I could not get into the 325i for the first 5 days. I packed them away in the box and intended to sell them. Now I love them to death. With flats and a little extra cusioning, they are decently comfortable.

Oct 5, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #152 of 336
For me it's a tie between the two below.

AKGk8dj and Sony MDR-EX81LP

The K81dj's have good sound but are so darn uncomfortable that even after weeks of actual listening (at about 5 minutes at a time because they're so uncomfortable on my head) I still can't stand them. I've done all of the stretching and bending that's been recommended and they still push my ears into my glasses and then into the side of my head. I bought them to step up from my PX100's at work. Guess what I'm currently listening to? Yep the Senns while I look longingly at a great looking pair of AKG's that I really want to like.

The Sony's just didn't fit in my ears at all, and stuck out to make me look like I'm from outer space.

Oct 5, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #153 of 336
I would have to say the Sony MDR-V700s. The MDR must stand for murder which is what it does to your ears.

Oct 5, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #154 of 336
W5000s. The L3000s are fantastic (if a bit colored), so it's surprising the W5000s are so different and inferior in both fit and sound quality (as well as aesthetics). Really a tremendous disappointment.

Oct 5, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #155 of 336
Senn HD515 boo hoo!

Oct 5, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #156 of 336
Sony's SA5000's. Ug. So glad i didn't sell my CD3000's to fund that purchase. I can't even remember what they sounded like now.

Decay

Oct 5, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #157 of 336
Teac Hp-100, Zalman Surrounds, Mellow MH-1 and especially, the Lloytron radio headphones. All of them were just rubbish in one way or another, mostly in all ways.

I also think that my ESP9 buy was a bad idea in hindsight, although it did lead me to the Stax 2020.

Oct 6, 2006 at 8:58 AM Post #158 of 336
Koss Pro4AA Ti. I was fooled by the 'burn-in' process. The power of suggestion at work... They sound just the same as they did at the very start. A very lifeless, dull and boring sound. The KSC75 easily beats this one. Someone stated this before, the magic of a headphone is in the fact that it disappears. You don't pay attention to your headphone, but to the music. It only happened to me with the KSC75, and I've heard quite a lot of headphones.

Oct 6, 2006 at 10:11 AM Post #159 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
E3cs. Possibly the worst IEM-value around. Too much money for too little sound.

I've got three words for you: preach, it, brother.

Oct 6, 2006 at 12:01 PM Post #160 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
E3cs. Possibly the worst IEM-value around. Too much money for too little sound.

Absolutely agree. Mine went back twice under warranty for the exact same problems (intermittant connections on the earpieces). When the third set started having problems.....I switched to UE SF5P and never looked back
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #161 of 336
LOL, thread from the dead?

I have to add a few:
Shure E3c
D66SL
PortaPro 2

They all sound awful, especially the PortaPro2's.

I can only say that the KOSS headphones are overrated in these forums.

Oct 7, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #162 of 336
KOSS Plugs, thought they sounded decent at first(before coming over here to Head-Fi...), then over time the sound just irritated me(too much bass=muddy sound...) and whilst switching back to my Senn MX400s...I came across Head-Fi
biggrin.gif

Bought UM1s and never looked back since(the Plugs(using Shure sleeves that push the Plugs out to reduce the bass somewhat...) are now on the 3rd set backup status after my AT M20 headphones and my AT CK32s...)

Oct 7, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #164 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
Grado SR-225. Put in a last second bid on ebay and won them. Unfortunately on my equipment at the time my SR-60 sounded better; the SR-225 was very bright, edgy and lacked bass. I sold them here a week before the HF-1 came out and bought the HF-1.

So HF-1 definitely better than SR-225? Please elaborate on differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back