Buy HD800+Amp+Dac.......or pay off student loans.....hmmmmm
Oct 7, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
We have lots of barriers around buildings and what not. I haven't seen any boarded up windows here.

I can't wait to get back and pick up m50s, xb700, d2000, and an amp. mmmm
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, as long as you have guys with fifty cals guarding the base.
I own the XB700 and all I can say about this one is the bass. Of course. XB700 have subwoofer-quality bass and a not-really-smeared midrange. Watch movies with explosions and you feel like being immersed in a subwoofer.
Did want to get the D2000, but I got the DT880 instead... very happy anyway. M50 should also be nice.
Cheers!

Oct 7, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #17 of 20

Quote:
I WANT TO EXPERIENCE 'SOUNDSTAGE' AND STUFF.

That line is classic!
smily_headphones1.gif

I say buy now. You just graduated, treat yourself to something special. Congrats on the accomplishment!

I graduated 5 months ago and then I was all pissed/depressed since I didn't have a job. But I do feel accomplished getting this job....

Maybe if I can find one on the FS forums for $1100.

Oct 7, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #18 of 20

Quote:
In that case, I advise you to buy, buy, buy! Then we can arrange a big OKC head-fi meet!

I also graduated from OU last spring, but only with a paltry degree in history. Anyway, congratulations on finding the job (and quite a well-paying job for Oklahoma)!

Quote:
I WANT TO EXPERIENCE 'SOUNDSTAGE' AND STUFF.

That line is classic!
smily_headphones1.gif

I say buy now. You just graduated, treat yourself to something special. Congrats on the accomplishment!

I hate you guys. Just bought an HD800, Little Dot DAC_I and MKVII, a 4-pin XLR for a DIY balance, and two Blue Jeans XLR interconnects.

Hate you guys so much. This "soundstage" and "detail" be worth it dammit.
o2smile.gif

Oct 8, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #19 of 20
I'd pay off the credit card debt.  As for the student loans, it depends.  What's the interest rate?  Mine is very low, so much that it's worth it to me to string out the payments as long as possible.  But seeing as you are not going to get any monetary return on the money that you get by not paying off your loans now as opposed X months in the future, it will probably be better for you to pay them off now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back