burn-in predicament....
Oct 1, 2006 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

camille

1000+ Head-Fier
the process of burning-in a pair of K701s turned to be interesting...it's been on continuous burn-in for the past week and change, but up to a few days ago i just noticed that on my computers headphone-out, the right side is screwed up. so sound only came out of the left side.

i dont know if that occured during that span or before i started the burn-in. if so, the left side has more than 150+ hrs more burn-in time than the right side...

i guess i need to find a way to balance that out...or is it not necessary?

Oct 1, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #2 of 6
If you are worried about it, you can double click on the volume icon in bottom right of your computer (if it's a PC). Then above each volume control slider there is a horizontal slider that you can use to balance the sound to the left or right. So you can make it come out only one side.

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #3 of 6
ROFLMAO!!!

i can't believe how stupid i am...i forgot to check that and surprise surprise, the sound balance was shifted to the left the whole time!!!
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

uggh. problem solved. thx ap3rtis. now to shift it to the right. re-commence burning!!

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #5 of 6
i dont know how or when i decided to fiddle with the sound controls but i must've forgot to change it back and it's been apparently shifted to the left for that span of time.

i really thought the computer's headphone out had screwed up since only the left channel worked.

bah.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #6 of 6
Ha, I think this would be a fun way to test if burn-in in headphones is actually real or not. Burn-in one channel of the K701s for 1000 hours and then play some monaural songs
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back