Burn High Bit Rate FLAC to Blu-Ray?
Apr 28, 2011 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sbradley02

1000+ Head-Fier
Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere.

Now that I have a shiny new Blu-Ray writer, is there any way to take a high bit/sample rate FLAC (say 88 or 176KHz/24 bit) and burn to one of the high definition formats (LPCM most likely to be available due to licensing) supported by Blu-Ray? Can find any references on how to do this.

Thanks!

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 4
I've burned blu-ray spec audio onto a DVD and have it work with my PS3.  Not sure how you'd fare with your player though.  You'd need a program that supports transcoding/burning blu-ray though.  Not really sure what you should use for that, I just got a pre-made ISO that I burned.

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #3 of 4
A little more searching and I think I have found the answer:
http://cirlinca.com/products.htm

I will be giving it a try.

Quote:
I've burned blu-ray spec audio onto a DVD and have it work with my PS3.  Not sure how you'd fare with your player though.  You'd need a program that supports transcoding/burning blu-ray though.  Not really sure what you should use for that, I just got a pre-made ISO that I burned.

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #4 of 4
Works well. I burned a 88/24 FLAC directly to DVD-Video. The software supports higher sampling rates to DVD-Audio and Blu-Ray. Standard burn provides no video menu, but I am guessing that there are options for this, need to play more with it. Whether I would use it enough to justify the purchase price (I am using an eval copy) s something I need to figure out (I have very few high resolution FLACs, they are pointless for using on my iRiver which down converts everything to Red Book with digital out).

Quote:
A little more searching and I think I have found the answer:
http://cirlinca.com/products.htm

I will be giving it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back