Budget Portable Full-Size Basshead cans?
Feb 14, 2012 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ArgyleHumbucker

New Head-Fier
Hi there, admitted basshead here. I'm trying to find a good pair of full size, portable headphones that are bassy enough for enjoying electronic, rock, and atmospheric music that aren't too drowning. Here's the tricky part - I'm trying to keep it in a $50 - $70 range.

I've been looking into the best choices for weeks, and it's come down to these:

AKG K518LE (Really leaning towards these)
Sony XB-500
Philips O'Neill SHO9560 'The Stretch' (If that thread's review is accurate)
Sennheiser HD212

I'd love to hear about any others that I'm not aware of. I'm reluctant to get the SHO9560's since they seem so commercial and Skullcandy-esque, but I'd prefer to have a pair with a detachable (or replaceable) cable. 

I'm hoping that I'm not the only one curious about this certain criteria of headphones. Thanks in advance.

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Heya,

Panasonic HTF600

Very best,

Dang. I looked those up and they seem amazing for the price, but the isolation apparently isn't good, which is something that I'm looking for that I failed to mention so, my bad. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Might have to go with rave on the K518's, I'm just worried about how reliable the cable is. Anyone have experience with them? 

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 5
Kicker HP541 is supposed to be awesome, including great bass.  Dsnuts reviewed them.  Amazon is selling it for around $50.

​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back