Budget IEM
Feb 4, 2012 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Inspekto

New Head-Fier
Could you guys help me on choosing IEM for <$30?
I've been reading some great reviews compiled by ljokerl, clieOS and other guys. But the more I read, the more difficult it gets, there are so many to choose from. I know that it may sound funny, since the the price is low, but you know that awkard feeling when finding a better thing for same price after already ordered something.
I'd prefer them to wear just inserted into my ear instead of over my ear. Microphone/Remote would be a big bonus too. Brainwavz Beta is probably my top choise now, but I'm a little confused that ljokerl states it as the best-sounding earphone in its price bracket and clieOS gives only 2.75 stars out of 5. Also heard some bad things about their isolation. Meelectronics M6P also looks like a good choise, but I don't like that it's [size=small]an over-the-ear earphones with memory wire. [/size][size=small]I should have mentioned that my top priorities are comfort, sound and isolation. Mainly listening rock music.[/size]

Feb 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 28
i know you said you dont like the idea of the m6 but i just picked them up the other day from amazon and i find them to be more comfortable than "hanging down style". 

Feb 4, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #3 of 28
The ME M9 is almost as good as the M6 but is a hang down model. However, I'd say the Betas have better sound quality.

Also read the review and not the score. The scores are sometimes not based on price/performance so a 2.75 is actually not bad. 

Feb 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #5 of 28
I don't know much about brainwavz beta, but you should check out the JVC FX67. I own them and they're excellent for a budget earphone (I paid 20$ for them). 

You can check out this thread if you want more information about them: 

Feb 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #7 of 28
I had the CW31. They were a great IEM. A step up from the M6. Very warm and natural sounding. My only complaint was the treble is kind of dull and unexciting. At $30 though I would say they are worth it. I posted a review a review lengthy review on Amazon, it should be the first one.

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #8 of 28
Dsnut's (and Joeblogg's) budget finds are really good in my experience.  The ~$10 Philips SHE3580 and (if you can still find it on sale, Amazon has been playing pricing games) $25 ATH-CKM50 are really good for tastefully emphasized bass and treble.  The $8 Monoprice 8320 is more balanced and neutral by comparison if you think you'd prefer that more.

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #10 of 28

Quote:
The Brainwavz M4 is 28 dollars. I'm not a fan of mp4nation's support but the sound should be great at that price. 

Yes, this...  It's currently only Amazon only (from my understanding).  But it is a tremendous value nonetheless.

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #11 of 28
Wow, so many great IEMs for <$30 on Amazon (Brainwavz M4, Meelectronics CW31, CX21 etc), but NONE of them can be shipped to my country (Lithuania, Europe), or the only shipping option is [size=small]Priority International Courier which costs more than IEMs itself[/size]... Any ideas where to get them with a free/cheap shipping to Europe?

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #12 of 28
+1 for CW31. I would also recommend brainwavz M1 but it seems that stocks are unavailable internationally at the moment. Another budget option u can consider is Dunu Trident. They are available at online store called frogbeats (I think they ship internationally). As for the above mentioned brands/models, maybe u can browse thru ebay.UK see if there are sellers?

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #13 of 28

Quote:
+1 for CW31. I would also recommend brainwavz M1 but it seems that stocks are unavailable internationally at the moment. Another budget option u can consider is Dunu Trident. They are available at online store called frogbeats (I think they ship internationally). As for the above mentioned brands/models, maybe u can browse thru ebay.UK see if there are sellers?

I think the Brainwavz M4 for 29 bucks trumps all of these right now (in terms of SQ vs price)...  IDK if Amazon will ship international though :p  Only on sale until Tuesday, then I'd go Tridents for him which I think is still a step up from the CW31.  The rolled off treble on it just killed the experience for me, it was way too warm for my tastes :p

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #15 of 28
Inspekto - Perhaps amazon.co.uk or amazon.de has better shipping to Europe ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back