TOOL AENIMA VINYL ***MINT FACTORY SEALED
Current bid: US $400.00
eek.gif

Time left: 8 days 21 hours

JEEZ!
frown.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

Anyone else getting outbid [size=x-large]BIG TIME[/size]?
tongue.gif

Sep 29, 2005 at 5:27 AM Post #2 of 11
Ouch. I actually saw 'Lateralus' on vinyl at a shop tonight, for $50 CDN. I wasn't really that tempted, mainly b/c I like the sound on the HDCD. With Aenima I'd be more tempted. But not near $400 US tempted.
basshead.gif

Sep 30, 2005 at 3:24 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
What store was it in?

It was in Rotate This. On Queen W. if you're in this area. Looked really nice, but like you said about picture discs.... I think it's really unlikely that I'd like the sound any better than what I have. That and the price made me pass it up pretty easily.

Sep 30, 2005 at 8:53 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by s m @
It was in Rotate This. On Queen W. if you're in this area. Looked really nice, but like you said about picture discs.... I think it's really unlikely that I'd like the sound any better than what I have. That and the price made me pass it up pretty easily.

That's a very good store for selection/price. You need some time though to thumb through section A, section B, etc
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif

I may take a chance on it. I can only listen to the CD at moderately loud levels as it turns harsh. I need joyously loud levels!
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kassem
Why is it so expensive?.. Rarity?

That must be it.
frown.gif

Oct 4, 2005 at 7:33 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
That's a very good store for selection/price. You need some time though to thumb through section A, section B, etc
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif

I may take a chance on it. I can only listen to the CD at moderately loud levels as it turns harsh. I need joyously loud levels!
cool.gif

Rotate This' sections (both LP and CD) are a chore to go through, that's why I generally don't except to look for specific things. I've heard people complain about the sound on Lateralus, but I like it a lot. I'll have to listen to it through a non-HDCD player to see if it's any different. But if it makes the album more enjoyable for you, I say do it.... it may actually only have been $45.

Anyway, the real reason for this post: Have you ever been to Kops Records, at 229 Queen W.? A friend's been bugging me for a while, saying I have to go there. I'd been putting it off, to avoid precisely what happened when I went today, but I was really surprised at how great a record store it is, mainly for vinyl. Both for selection and price. I don't know if they have the Tool, b/c I had to just leave after realizing that to stay longer would be to buy more. To give you an idea of their prices, I got (all new vinyl):

Sly and the Family Stone
: There's a Riot Goin' On $15.99
The Meters: Fire on the Bayou $12.99
Sun Ra: The Solar Myth Approach Vol. I $15.99
Bill Evans Trio: Sunday at the Village Vanguard $12.99
Radiohead: OK Computer $21.99
Radiohead: Hail to the Thief $31.99

The last two might not seem that good unless you've seen how much they (particularly OKC) are other places..... Anyway, if you haven't been there, I suggest you go soon. I was suprised, finding stuff there that I wasn't even aware had been (re)issued on vinyl.

Oct 4, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by s m @
Kops Records, at 229 Queen W

Sly and the Family Stone
: There's a Riot Goin' On $15.99
The Meters: Fire on the Bayou $12.99
Sun Ra: The Solar Myth Approach Vol. I $15.99
Bill Evans Trio: Sunday at the Village Vanguard $12.99
Radiohead: OK Computer $21.99
Radiohead: Hail to the Thief $31.99

The last two might not seem that good unless you've seen how much they (particularly OKC) are other places..... Anyway, if you haven't been there, I suggest you go soon. I was suprised, finding stuff there that I wasn't even aware had been (re)issued on vinyl.

Hey thanks s m @
cool.gif

I had forgotten about Kops a store I've never been in. I am due for a visit down there and will hit both stores.

Yep I paid something like $45 for Hail to the Thief at the Dundas & Yonge HMV!
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif

Oct 4, 2005 at 5:38 PM Post #11 of 11
haha I wouldnt post anything here If I was bidding on it
smily_headphones1.gif
id probably get owned by someone else lol.

the last rare thing like that i saw was that copy of White Zombie - Psycho Head Blowout that went for $250 2 weeks ago.
its only an EP too :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back