Brooks Brothers dress shirts = the real deal
Apr 10, 2007 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ls20

1000+ Head-Fier
One of the difficulties of being a slim person is finding well-fitting off-the-rack clothing...

I've had no luck with department store "tailored"/"slim"/"athletic" cut shirts, especially those with averaged-sleeve (ie. "32-33" length). Sleeves were too short, neck were too tight, and waist were too billowy. I resorted to getting tops from Express, which fit close, but they wrinkle even if I look at them wrong. The dyes used on them are very poor, and I've had 6 shirts go bad after a few launders. These mall products are, more or less, disposable apparel.

UncleErik and Stevesurf recommended going with Brooks Brothers. Although a tad pricey, they are absolutely worth it! I got 3 from BB -and 3 from JosABank. The BB tailored non-iron shirts fit well, feel like an old blanket, and--best of all--they remain exceptionally sharp... which means I can go multiple wears between laundering, prolonging their life. (JosABank felt like cardboard and were returned)

Anyway, I'm highly satisfied, and thanks to you guys. BB for all my slim brothers out there
eggosmile.gif

Apr 10, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 8
I have over 300 BBs non-iron dress shirts in my closet right now. Easy to take care of, very comfortable and they wear very well. Unfortunately the quality seems to be going down hill in the last 3-5 years. Rotten threads on a few shirts that have lead to weak seams. I actually had a couple dozen show up as part of an order and all of them had black stains on them. They were all sealed tight in their sleeves so I can only assume somebody let them get through QC that way. I have actually been using their custom services lately and I have gotten some top notch, one-off shirts that I have been very happy with.

Apr 10, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #4 of 8
Yeah, but its only once a year.
tongue.gif

Apr 10, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #5 of 8
"I have over 300 BBs"

I don't think I've owned 300 shirts total in my entire life.

How many closets do you have? My magic clothes pile couldn’t support 300 of anything- it’d become mulch.

“300 shirts? You must REALLY hate doing laundry!”

Unless he does laundry ever year or 2?

Mitch

Apr 10, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I have over 300 BBs"

I don't think I've owned 300 shirts total in my entire life.

How many closets do you have? My magic clothes pile couldn’t support 300 of anything- it’d become mulch.

They are actually all spread out. I have offices in DC, Hong Kong and London and have corporate homes in each location plus my own home in Dallas so they don't all reside in a single closet.

Apr 10, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #8 of 8
I agree and second Brooks Brothers shirts! Indeed, they are not the cheapest shirts, but I feel that they are well worth it. I am not a slim guy, kinda of and athletic cut, but the same shirts that the OP mentioned (no iron, etc.) are the ones that I wear, and they fit me GREAT. The neck is perfect, as is the sleeve cut - I have kinda of long arms (36-37) and a 16 1/2 - 17 inch neck, and the shirts are just a pleasure to wear, and I know that I look good and that the shirt is fitting me well whenever I wear them. They've got some very nice ties too
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back