Broken UE-11's in the Netherlands - repairing options?
Sep 8, 2011 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ZarakiSan

100+ Head-Fier
So I had a very bad, rather gut-wretching accident with my UE-11's today... They fell on a tile floor and one of the shells shattered. The drivers seem to be fine and the cabling even looks to be intact.

Obviously I want to repair (which I guess means reshell) them...

Cutting to the important bits, since I'm tired and stressed out (about this and other things): Apart from Ultimate Ears themselves, Unique Melody and Fisher Hearing, are there any companies that can help me with this sort of thing? I don't know if I want to change anything big (I want them both reshelled because the other side has had a cable issue since the beginning), so no adding drivers preferably. What are my options?

Thanks in advance guys..!

Sep 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
kozee, 1964 ears, alien ears

Thanks, I'm looking into all of those.
Quote:
Why would you not just get UE to repair them? They have a good turnaround time and know their own product.

Definitely one of my options. I am worried about the cost and the level of customer service though.

I made a pair of pictures of the damages. I don't like to boast about my own stupidity, but I figured it would make a good reference.

Nov 7, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #5 of 5
I also want to reshell my UE11's not because they are broken but because of comfort issues. It's not like they don't fit well, but it starts to get quite painful if I wear them for over an hour. So which is my best (cheapest) option? I'm guessing that making UE reshell it would cost a lot more than the alternatives out there, but have no idea to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back