Breakcore, IDM and DNB thread
Sep 8, 2020 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 121

FastAndClean

Previously known as presata
It is time to get out of other Electronic music threads, there is no appreciation of Breakcore, DNB and IDM there, they give me dopamine dump.
I refuse to believe that i am the only one. Post your favorite tracks here.
I will start with a bang, Venetian Snares masterpiece.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #2 of 121
Yes! For me DnB was my first love and I'm definitely into it more than IDM. A few corkers to get the thread started

Culture Shock - Protection. This is a very well engineered DnB track as is another one of his (not linked) that deserves a mention - Vice Chase

LTJ Bukem - Cosmic Interlude, an all time classic, Bukem really pushed what was possible with DnB in the early years moving away from the UK Hardcore influences and taking lots of inspiration from Jazz to make it more musical. He's definitely one of the pioneers of what's now called liquid

Makoto - Ygmyc. Makoto found his feet releasing on LTJ Bukem's label Good Looking Records, again bringing a musical and funky background to DnB

Ed Rush & Optical - Glass Eye. Taken from their Wormhole LP released in 1988 this is my favourite track from an LP that changed DnB and helped influence the darker (Neurofunk) style that grew during the early 2000s. Ed Rush & Optical similar to Bukem were pioneers helping move the genre in a new direction albeit the opposite direction to where Bukem was going.

dBridge - December's Soul. Now this isn't technically DnB but doesn't really fit into any genre, dBridge first earned notoriety as 1/4 of the group Bad Company UK, another member of BCUK was DJ Fresh who ended up doing quite well for himself. dBridge rather than following Fresh in making commercially successful music went down a much more experimental route making beautiful but fairly dark music. For anyone who likes dark, moody electronic music please listen to his "A Love I Can't Explain" and "Inhibited" LPs they are in my opinion both masterpieces.

Sep 15, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #6 of 121
This will be a useful thread to me. Just started listen to special request, coco bryce, AceMo etc. Very new to this type of music. What daps, headphones, iems etc do you rec for this sort of music? Im using hugo2 and fostex th900

Users who are viewing this thread

Back