Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Sep 8, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #1,366 of 6,668
Sep 8, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #1,367 of 6,668
  Totally agreed.  I have my wife helping me on new gear to identify (or to confirm mine) their difference.

The fairer sex does indeed have better hearing as a rule.  I used to lovingly call a lady that I lived with "bat ears" (as a term of affection) cos she could hear ANYTHING.  I wish I had hearing like she does!!!

Sep 8, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #1,371 of 6,668
Men have bad hearing mainly bcos women talk too much. Doesnt really affect music appreciation

lol.  You are indeed a brave man.  

careful for what you wish for...bat ears could also lead to hearing your significant other better...especially when they yell about all the money you spend on this hobby.

I'm single, no intentions of getting married, and I live at home and look after my elderly mother.  

That said, my mum does nag me.  Does that count?  

In all truthfulness, my mum is a real sweetie and is actually lending me some money to get an AK 120 II.  

I've already spent around 30k on audio gear  :wink:  and then there's my photography gear...and my TS CD collection... 

Sep 8, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #1,373 of 6,668
Mom counts...that's for sure. But mom's have unconditional love...hence why she's lending you money to buy that, which more than likely you will never pay her back...at least I never did. Lol...

Oh no, I'll pay her back.  It's the honest thing to do!

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #1,374 of 6,668
Lol, perhaps that's why men has to have 'inferior' hearing, and we try to over compensate with our gadgets.

I like small DAPs and IEMs. You know, the kind that there's still room in my pants for.
wink_face.gif

Sep 8, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #1,375 of 6,668
  Hi Olisim

While reading through this thread I am listening to my iPhone 5s via Apple TV feeding my home system (using low res mp3 files) and this is one of the many ways that I'm listening to music LOL. 

My 240/Tera/Tralucent Ref.1/Vorzuge Duo all just sitting on an empty chair next to me without doing anything and they are taking a break.

of topic but maybe you could pm me.  Do you use the 240+vorzuge duo---> tralucent vs.  tera+vorzuge duo----> tralucent?  If so which do you like better?

Sep 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #1,377 of 6,668
Similar to my Fitear C435, I am unable to detect diff btw Ak120II/ AK240 but I have read quite a few remarks saying one is better than the other. I am now wondering if it is resulted from the transparency of earphones

That's intersting.  I've owned the SE846, and my impressions of the treble isn't very favorable and didn't think it would be a very revealing iem.  I noticed how revealing the UERM was with the AK DAPs and I've heard many DAPs and DACs with my NT6, and you know when an iem is transparent or revealing of differentiate sonic performance of different sources.  

With what iems can you distinguish the 120 and the 240?

Here is one issue with the SE846.  Not sure if people are noticing treble dip.  Probably the lowest impedance dip I've seen for an iem.

Sep 9, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #1,378 of 6,668
SilverEars

I am gonna AB again using 1plus2 with uber cable hopefully next week. To my ears, these are the most revealing/transparent earphones i own. Not only do they pick up microdetails but extremely receptive to aftermarket cables... I have been pondering the idea of ordering SE5way as it seems they can now ship to Hong Kong...but most probably not gonna spend on anything

Sep 10, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #1,379 of 6,668
@SilverEars

I am gonna AB again using 1plus2 with uber cable hopefully next week. To my ears, these are the most revealing/transparent earphones i own. Not only do they pick up microdetails but extremely receptive to aftermarket cables... I have been pondering the idea of ordering SE5way as it seems they can now ship to Hong Kong...but most probably not gonna spend on anything

Hi Cosmis,  which aftermarket cable(s) you've found with good synergy with the 1Plus2 & Ref.1?  Any experience to share?

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #1,380 of 6,668
Hi Cosmis,  which aftermarket cable(s) you've found with good synergy with the 1Plus2 & Ref.1?  Any experience to share?

Apologies in advance for derailing the thread further. I will post back when I have time to compare again between ak240/ak120ii.
As for cables, i think since u already have Uber u should consider Crystal/ Siltech since i beleive in the same tier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back