Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Oct 8, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #4,081 of 4,426
Yes i would like to know also what makes Uber too cable so expensive.
What's made of and in what proportion % ?

The answer is simple...the sound...not the material used.

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #4,082 of 4,426
Yes i would like to know also what makes Uber too cable so expensive.

What's made of and in what proportion % ?

The answer is simple...the sound...not the material used.

The material makes ( conduct ) the sound and we have the right to know. I am not asking for the secret plans etc, only the composition of the cable!
And if Gavin is not in the position of answering because of rights on headfi, he can always pass the answer to someone else to tell us.

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #4,083 of 4,426
The material makes ( conduct ) the sound and we have the right to know. I am not asking for the secret plans etc, only the composition of the cable!

If you're really interested musicday, message Gavin and ask him, no need to keep you wondering.

I don't think its virgin Chinese goat hair or anything too over the top. 

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #4,085 of 4,426
And if Gavin is not in the position of answering because of rights on headfi, he can always pass the answer to someone else to tell us.

Not sure if we have the right to know. You don't have to buy it, nor does he have to sell it to you either. :wink:

Did Charles show you the source code for the Tera? :wink:

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #4,086 of 4,426
To answer your question:
I do not have the source code/ algorithm for the programming of the Tera Player, and i do not need it.
But other than that i know pretty much everything and there are even photos to see the internals.
Also there is a big story written by Charles himself how all started with the prototype before it's actual release in 2011.

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #4,087 of 4,426
There it is, my Ref.1 Reborn Edition. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #4,089 of 4,426
Looks good and sounds even better then it looks to me.
With the Tera Player really shines.

You should try with the QP1R

Sings like an angel 
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #4,091 of 4,426
I don't like QP1R, i prefer Lotoo Paw Gold.
But i stick to the Tera Player as always.
Does everything perfectly for me since 2013:sunglasses:

Don't like the sound? Or don't like the device?

Oct 9, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #4,093 of 4,426
Don't like the device and don't like the sound.A bit too digital for my liking.

Are you sure it was the QP1R? I can understand not liking the device as it isn't to everyone's taste, but it sounds sublime! It's definitely not digital sounding, to my ears anyway. The current mode amplification they've created is something else.

I'll let you have a proper listen, next time I see you 
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #4,094 of 4,426
I wouldn't dare to say this, but maybe with new IEMS you might like another player better...or you might not. :wink:

As far as the cable, it's a cable. Ultimately, if you like it, does it matter what the internals are? I certainly could care less.

Oct 9, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #4,095 of 4,426
I wouldn't dare to say this, but maybe with new IEMS you might like another player better...or you might not.
wink.gif

As far as the cable, it's a cable. Ultimately, if you like it, does it matter what the internals are? I certainly could care less.

Controversial!  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back