Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jun 11, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #3,601 of 4,426
Trying to get an idea how the Tralucent earphones sound in real life by what you guys describe here.
Used to be a Westone fan but i can't wait to upgrade to a new sound:smiley:.
So hopefully when i will be ready to order one of the Tralucent IEM i will be fully satisfied.

The 1Plus2 which I'm listening to atm sound extremely rich in detail, clarity with a specific timbre that gives the earphone it's identity, the mid-range simply excels with no restraint effortless at bringing out emotion from music. Corny as sounds, almost enough to make you cry. Especially with a track you may have a connection with already.

Ref.1 is thicker, bassier but still emits the same technical expertise and detail levels. The just have this house sound that leaves much of everything for dead IMO. Great layering, stage width. I don't know what more one (or myself) really requires.

Jun 11, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #3,602 of 4,426
The 1Plus2 which I'm listening to atm sound extremely rich in detail, clarity with a specific timbre that gives the earphone it's identity, the mid-range simply excels with no restraint effortless at bringing out emotion from music. Corny as sounds, almost enough to make you cry. Especially with a track you may have a connection with already.

Ref.1 is thicker, bassier but still emits the same technical expertise and detail levels. The just have this house sound that leaves much of everything for dead IMO. Great layering, stage width. I don't know what more one (or myself) really requires.

If the IEM can make you cry its a go ;'-).

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #3,603 of 4,426

If the IEM can make you cry its a go ;'-).

I feel some who haven't experienced it may not understand or even find it humorous, though we're all aware music is emotionally orientated. Its almost like a further sensation of musical enjoyment, once the sound is good you begin extracting a new connection with music. Or, in the case of my Tralucent IEMs and seeking good sound the quality alone may make you respond this way.

Walking down the street crying, on the bus crying, browsing the forums crying. Those random moments bursting into tears.

Jun 12, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #3,604 of 4,426

I feel some who haven't experienced it may not understand or even find it humorous, though we're all aware music is emotionally orientated. Its almost like a further sensation of musical enjoyment, once the sound is good you begin extracting a new connection with music. Or, in the case of my Tralucent IEMs and seeking good sound the quality alone may make you respond this way.

Walking down the street crying, on the bus crying, browsing the forums crying. Those random moments bursting into tears.

Wish I could be that care free while out and about. Do not have enough confidence in my fellow man to feel that safe :p. Only when in private when I don't have to worry can I get that sorta enjoyment. Glad you were able to find yours.

Jun 13, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #3,605 of 4,426
Wish I could be that care free while out and about. Do not have enough confidence in my fellow man to feel that safe :p. Only when in private when I don't have to worry can I get that sorta enjoyment. Glad you were able to find yours.

I hardly listen to music much on the go, especially my Tralucent IEMs. More about having great sound late at night in bed with high comfort levels, no full-size headphone cups hurting my neck etc. Plus, we all know how addictive this hobby is in general.

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #3,606 of 4,426
I enjoy listening at night in bed as well... I find it very soothing. Was up very late last night, in and out of consciousness for hours, but fell asleep with my Ref 1 Too in. Great way to fall asleep.

Jun 13, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #3,607 of 4,426
Its actually a great way to concentrate on sound quality, there's no distractions, very comfortable environment, and if you want to get REAL serious you put your phone down and close your eyes...

Jun 13, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #3,611 of 4,426
Usually my Fiio X7. Sometimes my lg v10 or Fiio X3. Might be getting a new phone though... Waiting for the new Note, but might get a S7 edge or HTC 10.

i was just about to pull the trigger on s7 edge but somehow i retracted knowing that the note 6 will be out in september

the lg g5 is dam ugly

the htc 10 screen is too small

or i will wait and see what iphone 7 will be all about maybe they will have a great dac/amp

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #3,613 of 4,426
I purchased the S7 Edge today. I'm still getting the new Note. I wanted a Sammy phone again for some reason. I still have the V10 though. See how I like this joint for a few days.

Congrats...

I have been using it since launch...lovely phone and more importantly

Great battery life!!!

Jun 14, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #3,615 of 4,426
(One of) the big things about Android smartphones is the ability to use them with external dac/amps from their USB port by sending the data signal directly to the external DAC.

Such as this rig I had last year with using Tralucent DacAmp One.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back