Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
May 8, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #3,256 of 4,426
Can I ask what's the difference between ref1 and ref1 too

Tralucent used different bass units while both using identical isobaric design.  I remembered the last audition, Ref.1 Too's mid is a bit forward (or you may say less v-shaped) than the original Ref.1.

May 8, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #3,257 of 4,426

Tralucent used different bass units while both using identical isobaric design.  I remembered the last audition, Ref.1 Too's mid is a bit forward (or you may say less v-shaped) than the original Ref.1.

well i bought a used ref1 I hope this does not mean I will be too far behind the ref1 too

May 8, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #3,258 of 4,426
  well i bought a used ref1 I hope this does not mean I will be too far behind the ref1 too

If "far behind" means "there's-a-newer-model-than-mine" then each year we all have a very short window of not falling behind as every manufacture in this hobby will launch something new in order to keep the market excited.

As long as you are happy with your Ref.1's performance, you don't need to keep your current possession always on the trend real time.  Somehow you need to observe which side [see below] won your psychological struggle more often. If A is a prominent scenario then you'd better work harder to keep your financial streaming wide open in order to satisfy your needs.  

A. you want it
B. you need it

Happy listening.

May 8, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #3,259 of 4,426

If "far behind" means "there's-a-newer-model-than-mine" then each year we all have a very short window of not falling behind as every manufacture in this hobby will launch something new in order to keep the market excited.

As long as you are happy with your Ref.1's performance, you don't need to keep your current possession always on the trend real time.  Somehow you need to observe which side [see below] won your psychological struggle more often. If A is a prominent scenario then you'd better work harder to keep your financial streaming wide open in order to satisfy your needs.  

A. you want it
B. you need it

Happy listening.

i bought it and i can't wait to get it in 2 weeks, I have high expectations

May 8, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #3,260 of 4,426
  i bought it and i can't wait to get it in 2 weeks, I have high expectations

I'm current owner of Ref.1 and love it...it's been with me over 2 years and I'm very happy with its performance and thus no intension to get anything "newer".

May 8, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #3,261 of 4,426

I'm current owner of Ref.1 and love it...it's been with me over 2 years and I'm very happy with its performance and thus no intension to get anything "newer".

i am really so eager to hear this iem 

I am glad to be among the ref1 owners

May 8, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #3,262 of 4,426
  i am really so eager to hear this iem 

I am glad to be among the ref1 owners

I bet Ref.1 will satisfy your expectations.

May 9, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #3,263 of 4,426
can i ask please, so i am getting the ref1 within 2 weeks it has its stock cable

I was wondering what cable is recommended for it besides uber as those are too expensive for me

I am looking for something around 200-300 usb

Most important is that the cable will not lessen the bass or add any un-welcomed shaprness

May 9, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #3,264 of 4,426
can i ask please, so i am getting the ref1 within 2 weeks it has its stock cable

I was wondering what cable is recommended for it besides uber as those are too expensive for me

Most important is that the cable will not lessen the bass or add any un-welcomed shaprness

IMO keep the stock cable. Unless you want modular for convenience, the stock silver gold cable is as good as you will buy anywhere

May 9, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #3,265 of 4,426

The stock cable for the Ref.1 should be the silver/gold cable....it is 6n OCC with real gold...9999 HK gold bought at Chow Tai Fok as bullions............

May 9, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #3,267 of 4,426
  Thank you both for your answers

You won't need to upgrade the stock silver/gold cable. Its some of the purest wire I've heard, all comes with part of buying a Tralucent product.

They're worth up around $500 odd USD on their own, you'd probably only downgrade looking for an alternative. 
smile.gif

May 9, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #3,268 of 4,426

You won't need to upgrade the stock silver/gold cable. Its some of the purest wire I've heard, all comes with part of buying a Tralucent product.

They're worth up around $500 odd USD on their own, you'd probably only downgrade looking for an alternative. 
smile.gif

does this apply to the ref1 as well, not the ref1 too

As I bought the ref1 the first version

May 9, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #3,270 of 4,426
  does this apply to the ref1 as well, not the ref1 too

As I bought the ref1 the first version

Yep both versions. Stick with us mate, you'll be cheering.

I own the original Ref.1, love it, but I use a Toxic Cable - Silver Widow. I want to upgrade to the stock Tralucent cable.

Funny that, want to upgrade back to stock! 
biggrin.gif
 ​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back