Brainwavz HM5 or Fischer Audio FA-003? + What amp?
Feb 25, 2012 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Chick3nFingDing

New Head-Fier
Hey guys.

I am clueless of which one to choose. I've read in multiple places that they are basically the same, but can anyone confirm?

Also I am not sure if I will need an amp or not.
I've been looking at the collection of FiiO amps but do I really need one? and if so can anyone recommend one?

Cheers guys, any insight would be very helpful. :)

Feb 25, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #3 of 8
Not sure what soundcard/mp3 player you'll be using, but these are really efficient headphones.  An amp could possibly help, but I'd try them without one first and see if it's even needed in your case.

Feb 25, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #5 of 8
Just preordered the HM5s from mp4nation not long ago. Everyone says they're the same, i presume they are. They look the same and i remember reading their graphs were really really similar (not exactly the same though).

Bout the fiio e11 amp (as i want to use the headphones on the go in PMPs) with them as MP4nation has the e11 at a discounted price if purchased together so i thought it was worth the risk.

luck

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Not sure what soundcard/mp3 player you'll be using, but these are really efficient headphones.  An amp could possibly help, but I'd try them without one first and see if it's even needed in your case.

Quote:
I have an Asus Xonar D2X. One of the best sound cards.

Would I still need an amp though?

See above in bold.

May 17, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #8 of 8
I'm currently using the HM5 with JDS Labs C421 (8620) and am quite pleased with their synergy. IMO they opened up nicely with layers of detail, just the right amount of bass impact and extension and plenty of PRAT. I'll soon be adding a PICO DAC into the mix for listening off my LT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back