Brainwavz Hengja Headphone Hanger
Aug 4, 2015 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

dragon2knight

Account disabled by request.
These are my impressions of the new Brainwavz Hengja Headphone Hangers. First off, this was given to me by Brainwavz(thanks Pandora!), but I always state my honest opinion on here no matter how I get an item. Here is the link to them on Brainwavz site: http://www.yourbrainwavz.com/hengja.html

This is, as is stated, a headphone hanger. It's made entirely of metal, a really nice choice IMHO. Most hangers I've seen are made of plastic, with pretty low quality to boot. The Hengja's do not, in any way, feel low budget or cheap. The metal screw used to clamp it to a desk or shelf feels very solid, and it stays tight when screwed down. You can either hand tighten it or use a flat head screwdriver, either way works fine. 

What's unique about these is that they can be clamped down either vertically or horizontally, your choice, nice. The clamp section rotates to allow this, simple and effective. The width of the hanger is more than enough to accommodate any sized headphone as well, and even heavier ones will have no problems staying put here. If you want to you can also remove the two screws that hold the hanging plate on and just put one screw back in extending it even further to, say, put two headphones on it if you like or just put your 'phones on the leading edge and place a few sets of IEM's behind it...lot's of options here. I did this and it works great 
biggrin.gif
 (Hanger Hack 
wink.gif
 ).

The only fly in the ointment I could see here is that the metal clamp has no sort of padding on it(the top half does, though). You might want to use a piece of felt or something to protect whatever it is your clamping it to. Otherwise, this serves it's purpose with no other compromises I could see. The price for the Hengja's is also a plus as it currently resales for only $15.00US ($13.99 on Amazon's US site), a bargain IMHO considering they are all metal and built like a tank. These are definitely worth the money if looking for an easy way to hang up all of your headphones with ease on the cheap, without feeling like you got a cheap hanger at all. Highly recommended!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back