Brainwavz Dual Balanced Armature Loaner/Audition Program - Reviewers Wanted :)
Jan 31, 2011 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

razzer001

Member of the Trade: Brainwavz
****This audition is separate from the one that is being run on MP4 Nation, this one is meant for Head-Fi members, however we may merge the two if there is not enough people interested from both forums****

We are looking for people who have the time and interested to audition and review our upcoming Brainwavz dual balanced armature earphones, the model does not currently have a name, but will do so soon.

What is the Audition Program?

It's a loaner program allowing select individuals to test our new earphones for a period of 1 week, after which the auditioning individual needs to send the earphones to another person who in turn will audition and review the earphones.

This is meant to be a fun experience, but it is not open to all members of the Head-Fi community, i will be selecting 5 - 10 people based on their location to review our new earphones. Ideally if we get enough interest we will have two sets of earphones going around at the same time.

Keep in mind the units we will be sending are our prototypes and not the final production model, we expect some cosmetic changes in the final production version, but the sound and fit will be the same.

We are looking for people from the following countries/regions:

USA
UK

I may open this up to other regions after sometime.

There are some terms to the audition:

1. Be a current active member on Head-fi
  2. Each person that accepts to audition the earphones must be willing to mail the earphones with all its accessories to the next person at their cost, this includes adding signature and tracking confirmation.
  3. Write a short review of how you found the earphones.
  4. We ask that you take care of the earphones  that you get like they were your own.
  5. You have the time and the interest to test and review the earphones, that you will get, please don't apply if you are very busy with work, school etc.
  6. You understand this is a loaner program and you are not to keep the earphones.
  7. Share your experience with others
    icon_smile.gif

Requirements to be eligible:

1. You have had experience with similar armature based earphones, please post what earphones you use or have used.
  2. What source gear you will use
  3. That you have the time and interest to do this.
  4. Willing to cover shipping to the next person.

Please don't be upset if we do not choose you.

As these are in ear monitors we will include additional tips, enough to cover all the auditioners, any used tips are not meant to be forwarded, however it is expect that each auditioners to sanitize the nozzle and remove any ear wax that may be there from their own usage.

If you are interested please post below, i will start to compile a short list of possible reviewer and then make a final selection.

Current people on the loaner program and order:

1. [Joker]  - Done

2. Rawster - Done

3. buffalowings - Done

4. Goodvibes - Done

5. Ishcabible - Done

6. Mootookang - Done

7. shane55 - Done

8. Anaxilus,

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #2 of 32
I'm interested, i'd love a chance to try them out. I can provide them with some fairly tough competition in the form of Ety er4s, Sleek sa6 and Westone 2. As far as portable sources go I use Sony dap's, i doubt i'd use them with my full size amp but I could. Also I only work 4 days a week at the moment so have loads of time.

I'm in the UK by the way.

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #3 of 32
I can also do that, I am in the USA and can test against SM3 and ER4P. I use Clip+ and HiFiMAN 602.

Jan 31, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #4 of 32
Well I don't have a pair of dual armatures, but I have a pair of single armatures and a pair of Coppers and your M3s and M1s. My sources are a Sony A726, Clip, and NaNite N2.

The other IEMs I have are the MEElectronics CC51, M31, M21, M9, and Phiaton PS20 NC and likely, an upcoming pair of customs

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #5 of 32
I'd like a shot if available. Owned Shure se530, UE tf 10, sf 5 pro, sf 3, Xears td100. meelectric m6 and Im590. Currently have Grado GR10s, Brainwavz M1 and Apple dual armatures. There are a pair of shure se530s and e5s available to me at any time and if any other Chicago folks wanted a listen, it could be arranged. I also use my ears for a living. Have access to 1st generation recordings and lots of different sources to listen through. For portable, I have and ipod touch and Sansa Fuze. Home kit is silly good, Naim's top setup. For cans, I have DT-931s and various various Stax from sr5 to lambda nova. USA

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #7 of 32
I'd be interested in being part of the program. I've had ER 4P, presently own Grado GR8, Fischer Silver Bullets, and UE TF10.  For source, I'd use Clip+ (rockboxed), iRiver iH140 (rockboxed), and iAudio 9. If you want an iPod assessment, I've got a 2G Touch and a third generation nano.

Thanks for considering me

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #8 of 32
Hello, I would be interested in a chance to test/audition the dual armature based brainwavz, I will be using them through an 160gb 7th gen Ipod classic, lineout and an Ibasso T3D, I am currently writing a review/auditioning the brainwavz m3's. I have owned at several points, an etymotic er4p/s, westone 3, ultimate ears TF10 and the brainwavz m2/m3 as well. I also have a pair of triple driver based customs coming in soon

currently own: 
shure srh840
akg k518 le (lime green)
hifiman re2

deceased/returned
grado sr80i 
sennheiser CX300II (deceased)
grado sr80i (deceased)
monster miles davis tributes (returned)

sold/traded:
grado sr325is chromies #6060 (sold)
tf10 (sold)
sennheiser HD25-1 II (sold)
miles davis tributes (sold)
akg k430 (sold
brainwavz m2 (sold)
sennheiser PX100 (sold)
grado 225i w/ cocobolo woodie earcups (traded)

headphones I have auditoned:
sennheiser HD800
AKG k701/2
grado sr60i, 125i, stock 225i, rs1ithanks for the oppurtunity

james

Jan 31, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #9 of 32
When will this loaner program start?

I'd like to give it a go. I currently have a Brainwavz M2, MEElectronics A151 and LiveWire Trips customs. I have an Audio Technica CK10 (dual BA) and a triple BA custom coming in the mail this week. I would use them with a Cowon J3 or an Audinst HUD-MX1 (dac/amp). I am located in USA East Coast.

I have tried many various universal earphones from budget to top of the line. A few of them would be Westone 2, Fischer Audio DBA-02, UE TF10, Ortofon e-Q7, etc. My reviews are in my signature and past gear in my profile.

Jan 31, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #10 of 32
I'm interested.

IEM experience:

Brainwavz M2
Head-Direct RE0
Head-Direct RE-ZERO
Hippo 10EB
Hippo Pearl
Meelec M6
UE SF5pro (Dual BA)
UE TF10 (Triple BA)

Source : Sansa Clip+ (Rockboxed), 5th gen ipod > SPC LOD > JDS Cmoybb v2.02, Asus laptop > Nuforce icon uDAC.

Shipping: I can cover the shipping cost via CONUS, but prefer closer regions.

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #12 of 32
Interested also.
Have owned and tested many IEM's... Ety's, Shures, Westones, UE's, Fischer DBA-02, SM3.
I would have the time to test them through my iPods and various DAC/ Amps (Xonar STX, Benchmark DAC1-Pre, Outlaw RR2150) as well as straight out of Laptop (Dell XPS).

Thank you for the consideration.

shane

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #13 of 32
id love to review one for you, ive reviewed stuff for you before and my present list of stuff is as follows:

Sennheiser CX 300
Creative EP-630
Shure SE210
Shure SE530
Shure E3
Shure SE110
Denon C751
Klipsch Custom 1
Klipsch Custom 2
Sony MDR-EX500LP
Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro
Sennheiser IE7
Klipsch Custom 3
Etymotic ER-4P
C-Jays
Sennheiser IE8
Radiopaq Pop
Philips SHE9850
Westone UM3X
Soundmagic PL-50
Radiopaq Jazz
Head Direct RE-0
V-Jays
iMetal iM-590
Denon C710
Head Direct RE-252
Sennheiser MX760 - Given away
MEElectronics M2
MEElectronics M6
MEElectronics M9
MEElectronics M11
MEElectronics R1
Westone UM2
Grado 325is
Radiopaq Classical
Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 3
JVC FX500
JVC FX300
Panasonic HJE900
Audio Technica CK10
Vsang R03
Sennheiser HD600
Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 4
Phiaton PS320
Brainwavz M1
HiFiMAN RE-ZERO
MeElectronics M11P+
Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5vi
Ultimate Ears Loud Enough
Ultimate Ears UE700
Jays Q-Jays
Sennheiser CX380
Shure SRH840
Sennheiser RS110 - Given Away
Sennheiser HD515
Sennheiser RS180
Thinksound Rain
Etymotic MC3
Etymotic HF3
HiFiMAN RE-262
Braimwavz M3
Fischer Audio Enigma Revision 2
Fischer Audio DBA-02

id be very interested to see how they compare to the DBA-02.  oh and im in the UK

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #14 of 32
Its already started, one person on Head-fi is going to get a pair to kick of the Head-fi loaner and one person on our MP4 Nation forum is getting them too. People can keep applying, i will construct the list of reviewers as the loaner units keep being forwarded.
Quote:
When will this loaner program start?

I'd like to give it a go. I currently have a Brainwavz M2 and LiveWire Trips customs. I have an Audio Technica CK10 (dual BA) and a triple BA custom coming in the mail this week. I would use them with a Cowon J3 or an Audinst HUD-MX1 (dac/amp). I am located in USA East Coast.

I have tried many various universal earphones from budget to top of the line. A few of them would be Westone 2, Fischer Audio DBA-02, UE TF10, Ortofon e-Q7, etc. My reviews are in my signature and past gear in my profile.

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #15 of 32
I'm interested too. I'm located in USA East coast. 

IEM Experience:

Westone UM2
Westone 1 (currently own)
Shure Se530
Shure SCL4 / E4C (currently own)
Shure E2C
Apple Dual Driver IEMs (currently own)
Etymotic ER6
Altec Lansing im716
Sound Magic PL30
Jbuds J2

Source: