Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
May 19, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #257 of 1,431

Quote:
For US customers, it says they will ship from amazon US which should save us a lot of shipping time.

oh man, thats good to hear. the last order I placed with them for the Fiio bundle didnt ship until a month after the order. needless to say, it's still in transit 
confused_face.gif

May 26, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #265 of 1,431
Hi, im a great fan of daughtry, would such songs be great on the b2? :D

i was wondering, would the bass be over powering? im a listener of all genres (except for metals), would this be a recommendation? clarity would not be a issue i believe as these are BAs.

and im a user of the proalphas. will these b2 blow me away with their amazing sound improvements?

May 26, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #266 of 1,431

Quote:
i was wondering, would the bass be over powering?

No

and im a user of the proalphas. will these b2 blow me away with their amazing sound improvements?

Depends on fit, synergy and tastes.

So I've been giving these sample B2s a listen for a few days.  Absolutely nothing else to add that hasn't been said.  Sounds like a DBA but brighter and harsher.  That's the basic gist of it.

If the only difference between the DBA and this prototype B2 is silver cable I seriously nominate the B2 and DBA-02 as candidates for cable DBT.  IF, I say IF silver cable is the only difference you would have to be deaf not to hear the difference.  There is an OBVIOUS difference between this prototype and the DBA-02.  

Razz, let me know where to send these back.  I'd love to be able to use these for DBT at some local meets as they are the same color as the DBA's.   

May 27, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #268 of 1,431

Quote:
Love it. Cable doubters beware.
wink_face.gif

Yeah, well... I have been, may continue to be, but that's how I heard it too.
So, when my production B2's arrive, I guess I'll know whether them ol' silvah cables did the brightening.
rolleyes.gif

May 27, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #269 of 1,431

I've never taken a position on the matter here and have spent not one dime on aftermarket headphone cables either.  But obvious is obvious assuming variables are accounted for.

May 27, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #270 of 1,431
If, indeed, there is no other difference between the DBA-02 and the B2 prototype, then you might be on to something. That means the same drivers, same crossover, same tips, and (I think a given) the same interior of the shell.

Another way of looking at it is Shane's take, again assuming no other changes between the prototype and production (except the obvious cosmetic differences).

It might be challenging to prove either of these sets of cases.

On another note, are there any changes regarding the nozzle, with the DBA-02? I've seen many folks note unexpected and apparently difficult to clean ear wax build up within the nozzles of the more recent DBA-02's, causing issues. Having never owned the DBA-02, I'm not entirely sure I understand the complaint, but regardless it does seem prone to it from reports. Does the B2 address this at all? Or am I off base in my understanding?

On another another note, I think I'm going to order these, but only after they appear on the amazon.com web site and are directly fulfilled by Amazon. I live in Canada and would rather deal with Amazon's exceptional cross border shipping capabilities than the Chinese post office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back