box from grado... had a box from grado in it!
Jul 21, 2006 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

analog'd

1000+ Head-Fier
yup. got my official Grado GS1000 carton yesterday and it is everthing i'd ever wanted in a box from grado (exactly like the other Grado cartons w/foam).
so far it has had no effect on the sound of my GS1000's, but once it's broken in...? and i have to try placing it in different positions near my rig!

btw these phones are just as good as I said from the start. what a treat!

Jul 21, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #2 of 91
Awesome. Try putting some isolation devices under the box and fill it completely with sand - you won't believe the improvement.

Jul 21, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by analog'd
yea, i'm saving for the sand.

If you are willing to wait, you can buy the new balanced crystalline silica/zirconium sand v.4...I hear it's awesome.

Or you can buy regular sand now and upgrade later (as it should resell well on the forums).

biggrin.gif

Jul 21, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #5 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
Awesome. Try putting some isolation devices under the box and fill it completely with sand - you won't believe the improvement.

I agree, you will have to inevitably upgrade though, so just go ahead and buy this , so you can organize all your custom or stock Pizza boxes in one rack, seperated out, and with as little noise and FR modulation as possible
blink.gif

Jul 21, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #6 of 91
BTW, there is a great mod you can perform on the box to make it more 'airy' in its presentation. It'll require a switch from a closed to open format, but man! what a difference! The mod is real easy; all it requires is a pen and a back and forth stabbing motion...

Jul 21, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #7 of 91
aw, y'all are really the greatest. i'm so excited about customizing the box i could spit! so far i've painted the outer edge with invisible green ink, always using a west to east brushstroke as perscribed, and my cat is really impressed with the affect. in fact she could just spit too. no effect yet though, so i'm not sure if i did it correctly.

has anyone tried floating the box in blue gatorade yet?

Jul 21, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #8 of 91
Quote:

aw, y'all are really the greatest. i'm so excited about customizing the box i could spit! so far i've painted the outer edge with invisible green ink, always using a west to east brushstroke as perscribed, and my cat is really impressed with the affect. in fact she could just spit too. no effect yet though, so i'm not sure if i did it correctly.

No not yet..but am confident your positive impressions will not be placebo...as this mod is really the best way to go. I have been spitting all over the place and myself too just planning my similar modications of the new pizza box...and look forward to doing the No2 pencil mod on my GS1 box when it arrives as well BTW.

Anyone else thinking of modding their cardboard box to become a woody? Am thinking a nice zebra stripe wood enclosure on the GS1000 box would really be appropriate.

Jul 21, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #9 of 91
lol
biggrin.gif

This thread would be funny if it wasn't so close to the truth!

Jul 22, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #10 of 91
Where was the box made? I've heard that the boxes that were manufactured in China don't sound as good
smily_headphones1.gif
j/k

Jul 22, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #12 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanddancer
lol
biggrin.gif

This thread would be funny if it wasn't so close to the truth!

just what the hell do you think is funny here pal? a lot of people are putting a lot of effort (and money) into trying to improve the world at large through meditation and the betterment of cardboard headphone cartons (ya really can't call it a obx or a box). YOU come along and think it's all a big joke! i just don't get the British sense of humor or humour or humidor or...

Jul 22, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #13 of 91
Quote:

just what the hell do you think is funny here pal? a lot of people are putting a lot of effort (and money) into trying to improve the world at large through meditation and the betterment of cardboard headphone cartons (ya really can't call it a obx or a box). YOU come along and think it's all a big joke! i just don't get the British sense of humor or humour or humidor or...

and btw, John Grado couldn't make a pizza that'd look good in Tyls graphs to save his life! (now that's humor)

Jul 22, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #15 of 91
Hey ya know this is a good idea -- if Grado doesn't want to give up the pizza boxes, then ship the headphones in a pizza box, which is shipped inside a nice wooden box. That'd make everyone happy.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back