Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Oct 18, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #346 of 2,199
I'm observing the same - it does a good job in an office environment, but walking down the street or riding the tube introduces a lot of ANC glitches, including the amplification of wind noises that I mentioned before.
Big disappointment on the front compared to my XM2s so I wouldn't consider the PX7s ANC anywhere close to the Sony's.

This sounds like a software issue that I’m sure will get fixed. I’ve not had any problems and found the high setting to be quite effective on a plane and on the street.

I did one time have a very weird moment with ANC in high but resetting it fixed it. So I suspect there’s some software bugs that will get ironed out.

Oct 18, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #347 of 2,199
Guess I’ll wait a bit longer to see some more impressions with the PX7 on the bus and train. Was close to placing an order on amazon. I hope they sort out the problems faster than Bose. Still a couple issues with the 700, and only one of them has been officially acknowledged.

Oct 18, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #348 of 2,199
Guess I’ll wait a bit longer to see some more impressions with the PX7 on the bus and train. Was close to placing an order on amazon. I hope they sort out the problems faster than Bose. Still a couple issues with the 700, and only one of them has been officially acknowledged.[/QUOTE
I hope they will improve.The good thing about B&W is the customer support. they always listen to their customers and improve. i spoke to the customer support team and they are aware of some problems that already mentioned in the forum and they are working on it. I suggest to inform any concerns or problems to them and they might able to resolve the issue. I personally found their support was helpful.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #351 of 2,199
Received these headphones today. Overall impressions are good, the look will not be for everyone as they are quite bulbous on the sides which is interesting. Like others the bass is fairly pronounced. Happy to answer any questions people have.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #352 of 2,199
Anyone here own the Sony 1000XM3s and can weigh in on how they compare to the PX7?
My PX7s won't arrive until Monday, so I can't directly compare the two, but I can offer this: The XM3s are *only* worth considering if you're okay with applying some equalization, either via the Sony app (AAC only), or via your media player. They sound like a hot mess out of the box, but after some EQ they clean up very, very nicely. A few pages back someone made a similar comment about the Momentum wireless.

The nice thing about Bowers & Wilkins by comparison—going off of my experience with the P5, P5W, P7, P7W, and PX—is that their default tuning is usually quite good and their materials are great. If the PX7 solves the comfort and weight issues of the PX, improves the ANC, and adds a bit more punch to things, I'll be pleased.

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #353 of 2,199
My PX7s won't arrive until Monday, so I can't directly compare the two, but I can offer this: The XM3s are *only* worth considering if you're okay with applying some equalization, either via the Sony app (AAC only), or via your media player. They sound like a hot mess out of the box, but after some EQ they clean up very, very nicely. A few pages back someone made a similar comment about the Momentum wireless.

The nice thing about Bowers & Wilkins by comparison—going off of my experience with the P5, P5W, P7, P7W, and PX—is that their default tuning is usually quite good and their materials are great. If the PX7 solves the comfort and weight issues of the PX, improves the ANC, and adds a bit more punch to things, I'll be pleased.
If you want to use the EQ on the Sony app, you cannot use high quality codec aptX HD or LDAC.

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #355 of 2,199
I hope they will improve.The good thing about B&W is the customer support. they always listen to their customers and improve. i spoke to the customer support team and they are aware of some problems that already mentioned in the forum and they are working on it. I suggest to inform any concerns or problems to them and they might able to resolve the issue. I personally found their support was helpful.
Do you think their engineers read these forums to pick up on issues? Or do you think it is just fed to them from their customer support department.

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #356 of 2,199
I will say that I’ve been wearing these for a few days at work but have them at home today and looked at myself in the mirror. The gap between the sides of my head and the arms of the headphones is big enough to fly a biplane through. It doesn’t really matter to me, but if any of you have a focus on vanity, it may look a little funny.

Oct 18, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #358 of 2,199
I will say that I’ve been wearing these for a few days at work but have them at home today and looked at myself in the mirror. The gap between the sides of my head and the arms of the headphones is big enough to fly a biplane through. It doesn’t really matter to me, but if any of you have a focus on vanity, it may look a little funny.

I realized recently no over-ear headphones look good head-on. Basically all the advertising/promo pics for this line shows side or diagonal views.

But also a lot of people wear over-ears now (criticize them all you want, but Beats made them okay to wear in public) so very few look ridiculous to me anymore. (Unless you're wearing open-backs or huge studio monitors in public, which yes I have seen.)

That being said my pair of PX7s were delivered today so we'll see how they seem in person.

Oct 18, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #360 of 2,199
The PX7 has really grown on me over the day, lovely stuff. The lift earcup to pause function takes about a 1-1.5 seconds to recognise with your hand raised or completely off, really good feature.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back