Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Sep 29, 2017 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2,912

Blinxat

500+ Head-Fier
In the Lufthansa Miles & More catalog I got in the mail new B&W cans show up. Pretty sexy. Love my P7 wireless these will be interesting for travelers that want active NC:

At the moment I don't see them on their website.

bwpx1.jpg

bwpx2.jpg

aptX HD :)

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #3 of 2,912
Very excited for these. Details leaked online in a couple of product pages that must have gone live prematurely, since the official unveiling is 3 October. 'Custom Sound App' is mentioned in the details, so I'm assuming B&W's long-rumoured app to tailor the sound profile will be announced too.

Oct 2, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #6 of 2,912
Want .. !! :)

Oct 3, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #9 of 2,912
Spoke with B&W yesterday. Expect 1-2 weeks before they become available.

Oct 3, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #14 of 2,912
Wondering how these will perform on an iPhone 8 with no aptx support vs say an L G6 or V30 for example.

The iPhone has BT5 but is still limited to AAC as far as I can tell?

Still a bit confused about the real world advantages of AAC vs APTx/APTxHD

Oct 3, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #15 of 2,912
Wondering how these will perform on an iPhone 8 with no aptx support vs say an L G6 or V30 for example.

The iPhone has BT5 but is still limited to AAC as far as I can tell?

Still a bit confused about the real world advantages of AAC vs APTx/APTxHD

aptX is supposed to be "the Hi-Fi codec", though I personally can't hear a difference from AAC
on some tracks and with right devices even SBC sounds just as good (to me)

From my experience AAC uses less battery (because it uses less bandwidth), can withstand without dropouts longer when the signal is weak and sounds just as good as aptX.
aptX has lower latency (at least with P7 and Macs). AAC sometimes desyncs audio and video when watching movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back