Bought an Stax SR-001 MkII, but the amp isn't powering on.
Feb 22, 2009 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

darkswordsman17

500+ Head-Fier
So I checked and found a Stax SR-001 on eBay and bought it earlier this week. Got it and the amp module doesn't seem to want to power on. I've tried some different batteries (even bought some Energizer NiMH rechargables), but no dice so far.

Curious if there might be something I'm doing wrong or something else to try. Its in good condition, but I haven't opened up the inside to take a look for obvious reasons as of yet. I'd appreciate any suggestions. The LEDs don't even turn on. I checked the contacts and they appear to be fine (clean at least and I don't notice anything in the battery compartment.

The good news is the eBay seller has been great, and has offered a full refund if I can't find some batteries or maybe an AC adapter that works, so I'm not worried there at least.

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you got the headphones connected? It wont power on without them.

Yep. Still no luck.
frown.gif

The regular SRM-001 MKII setup doesn't come with an AC adapter, although the official online distributor for the U.S. sells the regular one and one with an AC adapter. I'd try the ones I have here, but I haven't found one rated less than 9V. I was digging through one of the other threads about the amp and it seems that it is pretty sensitive to power.

The seller said it turned on fine for him before he sent it to me, so I guess maybe it got banged up in shipping (was packaged well, probably just got shook a bit too much).

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #6 of 7
So, what did you do to get it going?
Insert the batteries the correct way maybe?
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #7 of 7
Haha, I wish, as then I could use the rechargeables. It seems that they're rated at 1.2V and the regular ones are 1.5V. I guess the other regular ones I used weren't good or something. I'm going to need to find rechargeables that I can use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back