Bottlehead crack WITH speedball upgrade questions.
Apr 27, 2014 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Aldem

New Head-Fier
Hi Head-Fiers !

I've been told that this combo is amazing for the Seenheiser HD 650. The thing is that I also have a pair of AKG K702. Would they work nicely with this amp too ?

What about the characteristics of the amp ? I mean, if it's a DIY amp, since we're not all THAT experimented with amp electronics, there's a possibility of noticable noise on the headphones. I mean, the specs on the site are for a ''perfectly'' constructed amp right ?

Thanks

Alan 

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 2
Alan,

So the crack is an OTL amp meaning that unless the heaphones have a high impedance (like the HD650)  it will not supply enough current to drive the headphone.  So to answer your question no, I would not pair the K702's with the crack.  

Even if it is a DIY amp, if it is build properly it they will all function the same.  Basically if the amp works properly it is bound to be in spec.  I wouldn't worry about that and most cracks are going to be at about what is posted on the site with maybe a very slight deviation.  Also you really don't need any prior experience to build one.  The instructions are good enough so that you can very easily follow it step by step.  Many people have successfully built one on their first DIY project.  

Hope this helps.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back