Boston meet?
Mar 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #31 of 82
Uh.. if this thread is still alive, I'm down.

Schiit Asgard.
Audinst HUD-Mx1
cMoyBB 2.02
Sennheiser HD 650
UE 10's

And of course, 
my Monoprice 8320's. <3. 

Mar 10, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #33 of 82
Anyone in the area have LCD-2s?  I'd really love to hear them, I'd love to make a jump to higher quality, but I want to make sure before I make the plunge.  Also if anyone knows of any stores around that may have them to demo that'd be great.  I've checked out The Audio Lab in the Garage in Harvard Sq. and they were very helpful, but I still need to find a place to try LCD-2s!  Any high end would be good really just to find out which I like best, but judging by reviews I'm leaning towards the lcds at the moment.

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #34 of 82
I'd be down for a boston meet.

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #35 of 82
I like the BC classroom idea. I can contribute my HD598s, some SR80s and my O2 amp and MS II.

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #36 of 82
I like the BC classroom idea. I can contribute my HD598s, some SR80s and my O2 amp and MS II.

It's a shame you guys aren't closer to me, I have access to a ton of rooms and other tech here at UMaine. I could snag us a large room for as long as we need, with all the accessories like tables and chairs, projectors, speakers, no problem. :L3000:

Mar 20, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #37 of 82
Actually I live in Bangor so I'm super close to UMaine. I'd be interested in helping you out if more people were willing to make the drive.

Mar 20, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #38 of 82
Also I have a bunch of audio friends that would be interested in attending a headphone meet, they may not be able to contribute much as far as gear, but we all go to school for audio engineering.

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #40 of 82

Quote:
I talked to my friend at BC and he says we shouldn't have much trouble getting a room.  Just need a day to aim for, so if we could decide on a date, that would help to set this up.

Oh wow that's awesome! Any time during the weekend would be good for me. Maybe shoot for a date sometime in May?

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #41 of 82
I'm actually brand new to this site, but I'm moving to Boston in May and I'd definitely like to meet other fellow head-fi enthusiasts. I should be there sometime at the end of May (23rd-ish). Of course, meeting at a location by the use of public transit would be most welcome.

Just bought a pair of AKG 240 Studios and I'm loving them.

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #42 of 82
Is this thread still alive? A meet at Boston College would be awesome if we can set everything up. I'd help and bring food/snacks etc.

Apr 28, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #43 of 82
The semester ends in a couple weeks... I'm not sure if my friend can pull it off in May because he won't be working there over the summer semester like I thought he would.  I'll still check with him to see if it's possible.  If not we could look for another solution / wait for fall
confused.gif

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #44 of 82
Quote:
The semester ends in a couple weeks... I'm not sure if my friend can pull it off in May because he won't be working there over the summer semester like I thought he would.  I'll still check with him to see if it's possible.  If not we could look for another solution / wait for fall
confused.gif

i would be down for this , i can contribute my Dt 770 pro 80 ohms and my newly bought DT 990 600 ohms as well . also my two amps .

Jul 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #45 of 82
Let me contribute my 2 cents as being an organizer for the past two Boston meets.

1. Someone needs to step up an actually book a conference room, otherwise this meet will never happen. Don't ask if a date is good, set the date and post to see who will show up. Unfortunately this cannot be me anymore since I live in Florida now.

2. If you can find a place for free, great. Else expect to shell out ~$500 for a room. Hopefully everyone is nice enough to contribute to the cost. For me, this was the case on both occasions.

3. Power will always be an issue, tell everyone to bring power strips and even better a power regulator. You can read about the issue I had with one of my amps in the 2010 meet thread.

4. I held both my meets at the Hilton in Dedham. Nice central location for those in NH and CT. Lots of space and noise isn't an issue.

5. Go to the afterparty.

If someone does decide to organize this, PM me. I have a few more tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back