Boston Fall-time Meet
Sep 14, 2005 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

drp

500+ Head-Fier
This is an interest check for getting together some time this fall. I'll try to get the same conference room in Marlborough for the event, unless someone would prefer a different location. Hopefully I can squeak out a better price to boot.

After the interest check and your positive responses, His Saltedness will post the official sign-up thread.

First week of November might provide time for a few Hornets and other new offerings to roll in and at the same time not affect the holidays.

[size=small]Proposing November 6th, Sunday, from 1:00 to 7:00 p.m.[/size]

Look forward to seeing you there,

Dave

Sep 14, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 44
Well, you already know that I'll be there, whenever or wherever the meet may be.
biggrin.gif

Haj aka The Keeper of the List

Sep 14, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 44
I'd definitely be interested...

Summer traffic kept Nate (n_maher) and I from getting there 'til about mid-way through the last meet, but I had a great time and would be up for the trip again. I'd imagine there will be a few pairs of HF-1's there, but if I still have mine (meaning if I prefer them over my 325i's) I'll be sure to bring them, too.

I'll keep an eye on the thread to see how things progress.

Sep 14, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #4 of 44
Hmmm, I wonder if I'll have the PPA up and running in time for Boston, round 2?

Aw heck, I'm game for another go at it.

Nate

Sep 15, 2005 at 11:28 AM Post #6 of 44
If it is the first part of November, that's great for me.
w00t.gif

The second two weeks are not good at all.

Sep 15, 2005 at 10:21 PM Post #10 of 44
November may be tricky for me (my home closing date will be right around the first/second week). But scheduling aside, I would like to attend another meet.

Sep 17, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #12 of 44
i'm def interested, but i'm only 16, and live in salem, ma. marlborough is a bit far, especially for my parents to get me there (which they wouldn't, they'd call it a waste of my time). could it possibly be moveda bit farther north, maybe even to a small place in boston itself? that way people like me can use the commuter rail and subway systems to get there

does entrance to meets cost anything? i'm relatively new to head-fi, so i'm not quite sure what i need to do.

do i have to bring my music equipment, cause, really, who wants to listen to an sb live sound card with px100s if there are hf-1s, hd650s, etc to be samapled ?
wink.gif

Sep 17, 2005 at 1:40 PM Post #13 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I am expressing interest...if you're interested.

Immtbiker,

Yours and Telica's attendance at the last Boston meet was one of the main reasons it was so successful. We would be thrilled if you folks can make this one. I'll be in touch.

Sep 17, 2005 at 2:24 PM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by binkgle
i'm def interested, but i'm only 16, and live in salem, ma. marlborough is a bit far, especially for my parents to get me there (which they wouldn't, they'd call it a waste of my time). could it possibly be moveda bit farther north, maybe even to a small place in boston itself? that way people like me can use the commuter rail and subway systems to get there

does entrance to meets cost anything? i'm relatively new to head-fi, so i'm not quite sure what i need to do.

do i have to bring my music equipment, cause, really, who wants to listen to an sb live sound card with px100s if there are hf-1s, hd650s, etc to be samapled ?
wink.gif

The location is usually based on where someone can finagle us in. Alternative locations would be welcomed if someone has anything in mind. If possible, like last time, the entry fee will be based on what you can afford. I'll be taking a collection for the room. Look for the official sign-up thread (this is an interest check) for final details.

There might be others coming from the North Shore, if your folks would allow a carpool situation. Hey, tell your folks that there will be easily affordable gear there to help you maximize your spending. There will also be gear that usually requires the benefits of a higher education to be able to afford ("Yes, I have a doctorate, and HE90s; lovely combination!"), thus an incentive to do well in life.

Gear: Bring yours if you want an opinion or to try with other components. You might find a better overall gear synergy that's affordable.

Sep 18, 2005 at 3:12 PM Post #15 of 44
hey, im new to this whole thing, but I live about 30 mins away and would probably be able to make it down (on a sat or sun) to check it out and ask a lot of questions.
biggrin.gif

I'll bring my beyerdynamic dt880s!!

Alexander M. Annese

Users who are viewing this thread

Back